6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers >

6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers

Notices

6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers

Old 10-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers

I have been running a SuperChips Micro Tuner in my 7.3 for a long time. Absolutly no problems with it of the company. Easy fast way to make some power.
GET GAUGES FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With a SCMT you can add or delete the program in a couple minutes with no trace.
BTW, I have 175,000 miles on my diesel, most of which was running a SCMT.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hp500efi
I have heard from others that the 6.0 is a time bomb when upgraded with power so be careful. The 7.3 was much more acceptable to upgrades.
I've easily got over 150 modified 6 litres on the street. Haven't had a problem to date. People are making a big deal out of nothing IMO.

Buck
Old 10-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Registered

SeaRay Jim,

I think easily think of three or more reasons NOT to go with the SC on the 6.0 Powerstroke. Customer service is non existant to say the least. Claimed HP gains are so exagerated it's not even funny. There are a couple of people here on this site that can support these facts from their personal experiences. Myself and Boot do this stuff for a living and don't care to use them either. Speaks a lot IMO.

Buck
Old 10-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by buck183
SeaRay Jim,

I think easily think of three or more reasons NOT to go with the SC on the 6.0 Powerstroke. Customer service is non existant to say the least. Claimed HP gains are so exagerated it's not even funny. There are a couple of people here on this site that can support these facts from their personal experiences. Myself and Boot do this stuff for a living and don't care to use them either. Speaks a lot IMO.

Buck
As for CS, you're absolutly right. The guys answering the phones really don't know the product, the industry, much of anything, including SC policy. They take orders, issue RA's and that's about it. Sad....

The HP ratings is a touchy subject and I would say......they aren't exagerated, they are what they say they are but with a catch. The wording is marketing trickery. Peak HP is really just off stock peak. Going by their "method'" of HP gain claims, they could/should say it's a 250HP gain......but they'd call attention to the fact that it's at close to 4000 RPM and over stock HP. The real drag is the lack of power below 2800-3000 RPM which might explain why they publish dyno number from 2800 and up!!

Mine needs to go in for a new EBP and I guess I'm going to get flashed. After that, I want to try something else. I may stick with the SC for now since I'm sinking so much $$$ into a new motor for the boat!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

SR Jim,

Keep in mind I do not order their products through them. I deal with wholesalers who distribute it to me. My customers cannot get any help at all when needing upgrades on their units. I can have a Diablo updated overnight via the internet.

My thinking on their claimed HP gains was coming from performance when compared to the Predator by Diablo. The Predator claims a gain of 100 hp in the high setting. SC claims 150 hp. Yet the Predator will tear up the SC at the track. That's where my reasoning comes into play.

PS....Anyone care to see a two tire burn out through forth gear on one of these trucks while not moving? Hey Waterfoul, care to chime in?

Buck
Old 10-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's something to chew on for you guys ......

I've been testing some new products for edge for quite some time . In the last year or 2 they have really come a long way . I do like their edge juice and attitude very much . However , in our latest tests I have noticed a problem .....
The attitude monitors are showing 200-300 degrees lower in exhaust temps then what the exhaust actually is ,verified by 3 different mechanical gages ! This is a little disturbing ...

I have not gotten an explanation on this from edge yet . I wonder , is it purposely built that way to "claim" they run low temps, or is there an inaccuracy problem they didn't realize ?

On another note , While testing , I was playing with some of those "PROGRAMMERS "... (which I dislike ) I had one on an excusion ,it was ideling at 600degrees exhaust temp ! most trucks run 300-400 .... SOMEONE needs to make one that actualy works right ...

"KEEP UM SMOKIN' " ! jOE
Old 10-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

oh, and I think the closest thing to a halfway desent programmer would be the diablo, definately NOT the SC.... But they all have there problems ......
Old 10-27-2004, 09:47 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by boot
I had one on an excusion ,it was ideling at 600degrees exhaust temp ! most trucks run 300-400 ....
I have been in the diesel injection/turbo biz for over 32 years, and sold bunches of hop-up stuff....i've never heard of this anomoly... curiousity has me going...

Jim
Old 10-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Registered

Default What about 7.3's

Sorry did not mean to hi-jack this thread but what about the 7.3's?

Boot,

I am on the fence between the edge juice kit for my ford or going with the banks system.

Also, what do you know about the banks overall kit less turbo for the 7.3? I like the idea of the shift kit for the transmission saver, can you run the edge and banks otto minder together.

My buddies have installed the edge juice on their duramaxes and they blow a lot of black smoke (lack of air).

What would you recommend, here is a pic of my truck.

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers-118_1850.jpg  
Old 10-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Registered

Default Re: What about 7.3's

Originally Posted by Krumbsnatcher
My buddies have installed the edge juice on their duramaxes and they blow a lot of black smoke (lack of air).
That's not from a lack of air. That's from turning up the low boost fuel setting and just dumping massive amounts of fuel on. It can be adjusted down where it doesn't smoke at all, but what fun is that? Especially when you're putting the smackdown on some little coffee can exhaust street racer punk in a Honda.

The Edge/Attitude is the only way to go. For what you spent on a Banks setup, you could run a full setup that would blow the Banks kit out of the water.

With the Fords, I'd be really careful when turning the power up. The transmission is the ultimate weakest link, both the E4OD and the Torqshift don't seem to hold up well to increased power, especially if you're running lifted with big tires. Just my $.02

Quick Reply: 6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.