Notices

the nerve of some people

Old 10-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: the nerve of some people

gmhd, I really appreciate it, but the car is black, thanks though.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the whole one side of my truck was keyed a couple months ago. and get this.....not one, but two keys that cris-crossed on the way down the side of the truck. Nice arstist work. they should at least put flames on it.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Somebody stole a broken sump pump out of the back of my truck a coupla months ago. they left the sledgehammer, the 4 ratchet tie downs, the spool of RG6 coax cable, and the gallon jug of Rotella...

And this spring, I was returning some crap at Lowe's and a disturbing thing happened.

When I pulled in, there was a green Chevy truck pulled up in the front near the entrance door. It was over by the curb. Had a riding mower in it. Tailgate open. I passed it when I turned in to park. I got out and brought my bag of whatever I was returning. I walked past the truck into the store. I was #3 in line. Lady #1 finished her spill and ff she went. The guy #2 ahead of me told the customer svc girl that he was returning a riding lawnmower for exchange. He had called ahead and the manager told him to bring it in and they'd swap it out. She took some info and scanned his receipt, etc. She then asked him where it was and he said in the green truck out here (motioned to the curb where you could see the front of the truck). She called for somebody in the back to come help him unload it and off he went. Then it was my turn. But ten seconds later he came back in and said they had already got it. She looked confused. He said that it was already unloaded. Then the unloading guy came in and asked where it was. There was a lot of confusion, but the end result is that SOMEBODY STOLE THE MOWER OUT OF THE BACK OF THE TRUCK WHILE IT SAT AT THE CURB.

It took me a while to get my refund, but in the meantime, cops showed up, they reviewed the parking lot videotapes, got printouts of the crooks in action, called all the other Lowes stores around (so they couldn't go "return it" at another location), and the guy kept walking around in shock. I did hear the part about how "Lowe's was not responsible for the theft, but that since he bought it on an AMEX card, that he should contact the credit card company for theft coverage.."

I was FLOORED. This is a "non crime ish" area, and the thought that what just happened was REAL was hard to swallow.

Thieving bastards.
Videotape showed three guys in a white Z71 Chevy snatch it and leave. They appeared to be of Latin descent. I'm sure that making THAT comment labels me as a racist...