Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cuda: What's the Latest on the "Cuda Cruze"?? >

Cuda: What's the Latest on the "Cuda Cruze"??

Notices

Cuda: What's the Latest on the "Cuda Cruze"??

Old 10-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuda: What's the Latest on the "Cuda Cruze"??

Do we have the dates locked in for the first annual "Cuda Cruze"? Isn't it set for November now???? People are asking.... Also what about tee shirts for this? I've got some good contacts for that if you don't. Let me know what I can do to help. The people want to know. Russ
Old 10-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Banned

Default Re: Cuda: What's the Latest on the "Cuda Cruze"??

I've already made my reservations. It's being run with a Donzi group known as the Seadogs (SouthEast Donzi Owners Group). It's at the Quality Inn (Formerly the Holiday Inn) in Palatka.

Here is some info taken off the Donzi board.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Okay, Phase Two of the planning is now in progress. I called the Holiday Inn in Palatka, today. Spoke with the group rates folks and the found out which was the better weekend for them, rooms-wise. They would love to have us on the weekend of November 12-14. I have a group rate for us. If you prefer a waterfront view it is more expensive (duh!) than the town view. However the town view provides you with a clear view of your boat while it is on the trailer. If you choose to keep your boat at their dock on Friday or Saturday night it is free, but you may also want to choose the waterfront rooms. We have a nice selection of rooms to pick from: Upstairs or downstairs (all non-smoking), riverfront or parking lot (excuse me, Town View), king or two doubles.
Riverfront King - $75/night
Riverfront doubles - $69/night
City View King - $70/night
City View doubles - $64/night
Make your reservation under the Donzi Boat Club before October 12th (NLT 30 days before event). After October 12th the rooms will be released and you are at the mercy of the market and the higher room rates going into effect September 1st (I contracted today in order to get the "old" group rates).
Call the Palatka Holiday Inn- Riverfront reservation desk, (386) 328-4686 and tell them you are with the Donzi Boat Club (I figured it would be waayy too hard to go with our SEADOG moniker - especially if you can't remember "seadogs" when you are guessing what what name we are reserved under). Don't do it tonight as I have not signed the contract until I get it in the mail this week and return it over the weekend and the front desk won't have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Time for late season fun in the sun!
Hey! All you snowbirds! Last chance before you winterize!!! We will "winterize" by running the freshwater St. Johns River through our engines and exhaust manifolds... and then do it some more every weekend in Florida. Become an "Official SEADOG" by eating a Ted-burger (oops, Wild Hog Burger) at Porkey's Landing, and swim in NOVEMBER in the cool crystal waters of Silver Glen Springs. Beats the heck out of shovelling snow.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Banned

More from the Donzi site.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

OKAY, boys and girls, start calling for your reservations. I delivered the contract today and made my reservation. And... Hey!... the old salts in the group like me and GCarter or anyone else who can prove they are at least 50 years old, get an ADDITIONAL 10% discount off ALL the group rate rooms which works out to $57-something for the City (parking lot) View doubles. Be sure to mention the Senior Discount. I'll be in room 115, very close to the vending machines (ice). Parking lot is excellent (all paved) and the docks and pool looked great.
They are no longer a Holiday Inn, but are becoming a Quality Inn. However, they are just for now an independent called Riverfront Inn. Angels Diner is still just across the street, Gator Landing across the river, the city ramp and gas right there, and they still have the awesome Sunday brunch. What else did we need?
Old 10-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Banned

Here's a link to the thread.

Palatka 2004