Notices

Help, Opinions Needed!

Old 10-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, Opinions Needed!

I have someone from Virginia very interest in my boat.

Problem is he wants me to pull my boat to Richmond Virginia (360 miles) for his inspection, he has offered to send me a check for $500 prior to this for my time. If he likes the boat he would pay me the difference, if he does not like the boat I keep the money and pull my boat home. He told me if my boat is as I described, this should not be a problem. I believe everyone has different ideas of what clean/condition is. Boat is in excellent condition, but at the same time it is 7 years old.

I feel like he should come to me and I take him out on the boat and if he likes it buy the boat, I have offered to pull the boat to Richmond if he wants boat but not prior to. I also have lowered my asking price to where I think he can take some of his time to come look at the boat.

Jan

http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoc...php?a=2&b=1636
Old 10-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Banned

Default Re: Help, Opinions Needed!

It would be much easier for him to come see the boat than for you to take it to him. I guess it depends on how badly you want to sell it.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Banned

Beautiful boat by the way, and looks to be a great deal.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

He needs to bring his truck and his money to see the boat or he isn't serious.

He should get his test ride in your home port, at your convenience.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He sounds like a stroker that just wants to spend $500.00 and have a day out on the water... I got a call one time when selling my boat... this guy says... "Meet me at the launch ramp... I'll come with my wife... we'll spend the day on the water... and if I like your boat... I'll think about buying it."... I told him... sure... you give me $1,000 cash to cover the expenses... if you buy the boat... I'll take the $1,000 off."...... That blew him out of the water... The guy that did buy the boat came up with the money.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

This really depends on how bad you want to move the boat. I am selling mine right now, and if I had an offer like this, I would accomodate the buyer.
This is not the right time of year to be selling a boat, so you need to bend a little. Maybe try to push him to 750.00 to cover your expenses (gas, lodging, meals, etc) since you will be spending the night if he doesn't buy it. That is alot of miles to do in one day (with a break in between obviously).
Old 10-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Bigwavz
This really depends on how bad you want to move the boat. I am selling mine right now, and if I had an offer like this, I would accomodate the buyer.
This is not the right time of year to be selling a boat, so you need to bend a little. Maybe try to push him to 750.00 to cover your expenses (gas, lodging, meals, etc) since you will be spending the night if he doesn't buy it. That is alot of miles to do in one day (with a break in between obviously).

I feel like I bent on the final price, and agreeing to pull the boat to Virginia (720 miles round trip) if he buys it.

Jan
Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

strictly a judgement call...i'd take his cash and make a 2 day getaway out of it...boating in new water is always cool and ya may even sell it
Old 10-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Registered

Jan,
I have to agree with Bigwavz on this. I know you REALLY want to sell that boat! However, I would have this guy send a money order not a check. He may be on the up and up but, you need to make sure you're covered on your end and don't get screwed.

I would also agree with Bigwavz on the $$ issue. You've already lowered the price and now he wants you to drive it up there?!? Maybe you can get him to meet you halfway...like in NC somewhere. Tell him he has two options:

1) You'll take the boat up there for $750 (but, you'll need to have the money BEFORE you go up there)
2) You'll meet him half way for the $500 (but, you'll need the money BEFORE you go up there)

Good luck, Jan...I know you'll make the right decision!
Cat
Old 10-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

This really depends on how bad you want to move the boat. I am selling mine right now, and if I had an offer like this, I would accommodate the buyer.
I agree. Like others have posted, it depends upon how bad you want the boat to sell. The used boat market is HUGE. Your boat looks great, and therefore should sell to an interested party. Making a few concessions like taking the boat to said party may close the deal. My 02.

Good luck, Sam.

Quick Reply: Help, Opinions Needed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.