Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Getting caught by a traffic camera.....how not to. >

Getting caught by a traffic camera.....how not to.

Notices

Getting caught by a traffic camera.....how not to.

Old 10-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Re: Getting caught by a traffic camera.....how not to.

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry

I'm sorry if you lost someone in an accident, but you are missing a major material fact.

Not running red lights is a lovely thought and thanks for the driving lesson. What you missed is that they shorten the cycle time of the amber light. I've sat and watched the cycles and they clearly are shortened. People who get hung up on principle bring attorneys to court and get the tickets thrown out for that reason. But most folks like myself aren't going to miss valuable time away from business and pay an attorney to avoid an $80 fine.

I'm pretty right - wing, but it smacks way too much of Big Brother in George Orwell's 1984.
Give me a frickin break! Cal Trans sets the yellow phase times for signals. The yellow phases are set off of approach speeds. Get off the conspiracy theory, they're not out to get you.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Give me a frickin break! Cal Trans sets the yellow phase times for signals. The yellow phases are set off of approach speeds. Get off the conspiracy theory, they're not out to get you.
Bull#@**, they are out for the $$$$. To add safety to intersections all they have to do is lengthen the time between one direction going Red and the other direction going green, to increase the chance of the intersection being clear!!!!!. Duhhh, is that so hard???

The "camera" intersection closest to me has a 3 second yellow, while all other lights in area are 6 seconds - same speed roads, sorry. Just a coincidence I guess. No, I've never gottern a ticket by one, nor do I don't believe in UFO's or that the Mob shot JFK.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://bluegreenhosting.info/photoblock/
i got this as spam. they don't use cameras where i live yet but who knows... so i saved this.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Tank - No Tank, give ME a break. Go back to chasing the Bandit. If you READ the post fully, you'll see we live in Maryland not LALA land. Hang Time is correct, in MARYLAND, they shorten the yellows. Just this morning, I had to slam on the brakes, in the snow, thank you very much, for one of the 3 second yellows at North Avenue and Harford Road in Baltimore, Maryland. Conspiracy theory? Watching too many movies are you?

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598

Last edited by O.C.Barry; 01-25-2005 at 06:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

My girlfriend just got nabbed by the photo ticket......first thing she does is call me and scream "Where have you been driving my truck while i'm at work!?!?" Then she goes and thinks about it and realizes she was driving with one of her friends and argueing about something and ran the red! that will teach her!

But i will say......MAN ARE THEY COOL! i couldnt get over the quality of the picture!! you can see just about every detail of the truck! even above the plate she has a small scratch not normally seen unless up close and in the lisence pic you can see it!!!!

I also heard on the news a while back that only like 9 or 11 states use the photo ticket deals.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hugetime1
this would be great too, for taunting the cops, what i like to do is get them right behind me while i am on my bike, and then take off and leave them in the dust. they have never cought me, they never will! ok troutly let's hear your response!
Did I ever tell you about the guy who did this with one of the guys I worked with. He was an experienced rider. He also had a helmet with the image of him pulling a wheelie in front of a police car along with the quote, When in doubt, Run! He did just what you described. About a mile into it, after the pursuit being called off cause he blew away the car, they found his helmet laying in the middle of a intersection. They found his bike in two pieces and they found his body in the middle of a group of trees. Twisted 180 degrees. He hit a little dirt, at speed, and the bike came out from under him as he was attempting to make a bend in the road.

I can tell you more stories about idiots on bikes who ended up with their bodies twisted around like pretzels. Even have a couple where their bodies ended up in multiple pieces.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just finished another session of traffic school, and not for running a red light.

The yellow lights are timed but in SF they have outlawed the use of these camera/ticket machines as some attorney, gotta love this one for a change, proved that the company that makes the photo camera ticket machine gets a cut of every ticket it produces.

The attorney proved that the camera company was intentionally taking the photo of the cars before the light was actually red as they have a financial gain from doing so.

In traffic school there were two guys there with these tickets and neither photo showed red light, just the drivers face and the front license plate, both in B/W. They had just missed the cut off date for the camera tickets.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a problem when a company takes a cut of the fine. An outside company installs the network of cameras and then runs the system, the city just waits for the money to start rolling in. If a city wants to install the cameras, then they should be purchased, installed and run by the city, not an outside company looking for their cut of the action.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Tank - No Tank, give ME a break. Go back to chasing the Bandit. If you READ the post fully, you'll see we live in Maryland not LALA land. Hang Time is correct, in MARYLAND, they shorten the yellows. Just this morning, I had to slam on the brakes, in the snow, thank you very much, for one of the 3 second yellows at North Avenue and Harford Road in Baltimore, Maryland. Conspiracy theory? Watching too many movies are you?
First off, Nort (who started this page) lives in Ca. as do I. People that have responded to this thread have spoken of states all across the country...That's why I said I was speaking for Ca. only. Now, I don't know what type of A$$ backwards laws you have in your state but it's pretty simple to see that shortening yellow phases (is illegal in Ca.) and should be illegal everywhere.

As for your your smarta$$ comments: Slow your roll or I'll slap you upside your head with 9 inches of limp d!ck!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't Find the Web Site
500 Unknown Host ?????

Quick Reply: Getting caught by a traffic camera.....how not to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.