Like Tree0Likes

Earnhardt Jr Penalty 4 Cursing

Old 10-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

My Boats: 1993 Sonic 31ss
Default Re: Earnhardt Jr Penalty 4 Cursing

Helton is an idiot!!!!what happened to the 2 second delay???beep Jr. and then fine him...good enough. Cost him the points race for the word sh!t what are you kidding me? Robby Gordan can wreck people and talk about it on the radio and get away with it......come on!!!! We watch the NHL guys try to beat eachother to death in prime time but Jr. cant say the word.....SH!T!!!!! I"ll bet that Helton gets a bunch of hate mail this week!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1988 Bullet FOR SALE

It was an honest "heat of the moment" coment that he realized later on he should'nt of said that. Often we all slip out something we should'nt say. He's only human just like us all.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 25' Baja Outlaw

First of all, there's a huge difference between what JR did and the Kurt/Jimmy thing. Theirs ended up with physical contact. I'm sure the distinction can be made there.

They asked him about winning 5 times at Talledega and he said it didn't mean ****.

In context, that's not really shooting off your mouth - using an inappropriate adverb perhaps, but definately not shooting off your mouth.

I think we can all agree that using vulgar language while describing another car driver, in a heated moment is not the best way to present yourself. For instance...a driver should never say "That f'n Jimmy Spencer, I'll take Mongo and shove him up his a$$, bump me from behind and spin me out like that...I'll show him bumping!"

Yes, that would be bad.

My point is, it's different. Yes, I understand the FCC regulations and think it's a good thing, but this punishment could cost him a championship...and in that end, the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

We, as the viewers, as the team mates, and car owners, ask these men to drive around FULL of adrenaline so that they can get a good finish. Then we pull them out and ask that they turn the adrenaline off like a switch. It's not realistic. I'm often amazed at how the drivers talk after getting into an accident because of someone else. Mark Martin comes to mind. Many times they're cool, level headed...amazing. But, you better make sure the ambulance gets there quick or Mark will get mad. LOL

Not giving interviews after the race...I don't see that working. The sponsors will FLIP. Look at how they reacted to the guys throwing the stuff off the car so they could hop up there....or how they react if you try to wear your hat backwards.

I'm not saying I have any answers whatsoever. Actually, I'm quite biased on this one. No, he shouldn't have said it. Yes, I do think it's different. Yes, I understand why it happened. But this totally sucks.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:14 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
Re: Earnhardt Jr Penalty 4 Cursing

I agree with you Bonnie. Little E was amped up from the win....fine OK, deduct points

By the way...bumpin' from behind, blowjobs while standing on your head........you're killing me!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered

My Boats: Donzi Sweet 16

I would agree with Bonnie that Jr. wasn't shooting his mouth off...he was just excited...that's all...but NASCAR drew a line in the sand and had to penalize him. It will just legitimize his championship...cause if they didnt fine him, everyone would be calling him NASCAR's golden boy...

Bottom line...He's not given enough credit for his driving...and finally Dale Jarrett spoke up...because even though he had fresher tires at the end, Jr. displayed some of the best driving NASCAR has ever seen...the best I have ever seena dn I've been a fan since the late 80's.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:23 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
bottom line...He's not given enough credit for his driving...and finally Dale Jarrett spoke up...because even though he had fresher tires at the end, Jr. displayed some of the best driving NASCAR has ever seen...the best I have ever seena dn I've been a fan since the late 80's.
Reminds you of his Dad doesn't it?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Registered

Why don't they do it like the F1 guys do it, the only post race interview is when 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are ALL sitting at a table talking to the press, long after the "EXCITEMENT" of the race is worn off. My opinion, keep the mic out of there face when they get out of the car after they just won a race.
Robert
Old 10-06-2004, 09:59 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!

Well said Mr. Tanner
Old 10-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered

My Boats: Hustler 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto
Why don't they do it like the F1 guys do it, the only post race interview is when 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are ALL sitting at a table talking to the press, long after the "EXCITEMENT" of the race is worn off. My opinion, keep the mic out of there face when they get out of the car after they just won a race.
Robert
Tonto,

I like that idea. It could satisfy the sponsors and yet let the drives reflect on what they would like to say.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNGLSTACK
good thing offshore doesn't penalize for cursing
It's a good thing!! I have said thing's I don't think many 45 yr old's have ever heard when a motor is not starting prier to the parade lap. Jo P4-88

Last edited by Joe Todesca; 10-06-2004 at 11:43 AM.