Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fort Myers to Key West Help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88199-fort-myers-key-west-help.html)

Maritime_Eng 10-06-2004 07:44 AM

Fort Myers to Key West Help

With everyone in Minnesota winterizing their boats for the year I have decided to bring my boat down to my parents house in Fort myers for the winter. I am leaving with a few friends next thursday and will be down by friday night. We are planning a trip to Key West on Saturday. I have done a little boating in the Gulf but have never been to Key west. I was wondering if their is anything I have to worry about when coming into the Key's. Also what is the best marina to pull up for the night. If you have the GPS cordinates that would help. Anything else that you have learned while doing this run would be great. Thanks in advance.

Don

R Addiction 10-06-2004 07:54 AM

Re: Fort Myers to Key West Help

Lucky Bastage!! But if you need someone to check on your boat (take it for a run, check the oils,hell I'll even wash it) the week of the 16th to the 22nd of November. I'm the man!!! :D You can fly into Key West and your boat will be there waiting for you (to fill up the tanks) :rolleyes: :D

R Addiction 10-06-2004 07:55 AM

It's not a sailboat is it? :eek: :D :D

Ms PatriYacht 10-06-2004 08:04 AM

PM Dennis ExpressCat 39 I believe he has a place there and has his boat in route to FL from OH, he might be able to help. He seems to know a lot of stuff.

Maritime_Eng 10-06-2004 08:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
R addiction-

Very funny! It is not a sail boat! I am very lucky, My parents are selling thier boat, so while they look for a new boat they have an open slip behind thier house with a lift and a full cover.

R Addiction 10-06-2004 08:20 AM

The offer still stands!! :cool:

Maritime_Eng 10-06-2004 08:42 AM

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I know that you are only looking out for my best interest and nothing more! :D

LEOPAJM 10-06-2004 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We'll be down to FMB (Fish-Tale) starting 10/9 ... How about an OSO get together later that week ???

JM :drink:

FountainCS 10-06-2004 09:52 AM

Hey Don, get yourself a good set of charts and look them over before you go. The trip from Ft Myers to Key West is not a problem, well marked. If you decide to go anywhere else though, be very careful. You can be out in the gulf headed to the keys with no land in sight and all of a sudden it will be 2-3 feet deep! It's a great time if you watch yourself. Have fun.

Maritime_Eng 10-06-2004 10:07 AM

Leopajm-
I will be down in Fort Myers from 10/15-10/20 if you want to get together for a drink let me know. I'll be back from key west on sunday night as long as everything goes well.