Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Deerfield- Race viewing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88213-deerfield-race-viewing.html)

gdfatha 10-06-2004 10:44 AM

Deerfield- Race viewing

I currently hold a reservation at the Embassy Suites with an Ocean View. Has anyone stayed there before??

Is it a good view???

Is the beach in front better??

It it a good photo shoot area??

Where is the best for race photos (of boats not boobs)???? :D :drink:

Thank you for your wise advice in advance... :rolleyes:

rchevelle71 10-06-2004 11:04 AM

Re: Deerfield- Race viewing

Originally Posted by gdfatha
I currently hold a reservation at the Embassy Suites with an Ocean View. Has anyone stayed there before??

Is it a good view???

Is the beach in front better??

It it a good photo shoot area??

Where is the best for race photos (of boats not boobs)???? :D :drink:

Thank you for your wise advice in advance... :rolleyes:

the Pier would probably be the best for photo's, I think you need a VIP to get out there. If you are on a high floor, and have a big lens, you would be OK from the room.

Ron P 10-06-2004 11:10 AM

Get out on the peir. You'll need to pay to get out to the end. Otherwise they'll let you half way out for free.

I don't think any lens is long enough to get good shots from a hotel.

rchevelle71 10-06-2004 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Get out on the peir. You'll need to pay to get out to the end. Otherwise they'll let you half way out for free.

I don't think any lens is long enough to get good shots from a hotel.

Any idea what they charge(approx) to get out to the end?? I have always just watched from the beach, but this year, I may pay to go out(as long as its worth it).

gdfatha 10-06-2004 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
the Pier would probably be the best for photo's, I think you need a VIP to get out there. If you are on a high floor, and have a big lens, you would be OK from the room.

=============================================

Ron, since I consider you a VIP, can you lead me to where I can get a VIP pass (I will need two (2) and am willing to pay for them as in Marathon..

Who is in charge of VIP passes ???

And..since I've never been there, where is the pier??

Thanks

Ron P 10-06-2004 12:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gdfatha
=============================================
Ron, since I consider you a VIP, can you lead me to where I can get a VIP pass (I will need two (2) and am willing to pay for them as in Marathon..
Who is in charge of VIP passes ???
And..since I've never been there, where is the pier??
Thanks

All good questions. Last year, I got stuck halfway out on the Pier as I was promised that "Sally" would have my pass once I got there, but no one seemed to know who "Sally" was. Guess I wasn't VIP enough for a pass.

I'd check the www.superboat.com site to see if there's any info there.

At to where is the pier? Its the big long thing going out 200 yards into the ocean. Easy to find in the middle of the race course. Again see the SBI site for a course map.

I won't be there this weekend. I'll be in beautiful Camden NJ this weekend, putting on the OPA Divisional Championship races.

Here's some photos from half way out the pier last year using just my 8x Nikon digital.

gdfatha 10-06-2004 02:15 PM

Great shots Ron..

Sorry I won't see you at Deerfield..I have VIP for Key West though...Hope to see you there..

marc

Ron P 10-06-2004 02:48 PM

Yup, I'll be following you around in Key West. As long as Klaatu doesn't try to steal my tshirt. :rolleyes:

gmhdfan 10-06-2004 05:23 PM

Marc the pier is just north of Hillsboro Blvd (rt. 810) I have an ocean view room booked @ the Howard Johnson resort by the pier. I don't know what floor but if you want you are welcome to shoot some pics from there.

gdfatha 10-06-2004 07:08 PM

Pete,

Thanks for the invite. I'll keep my eye out for some roudies on the balcony.

By the way..I never heard how you made out through the 'canes. I hope all is well with your homestead and family.

Take care

I'l be wearin my OSO special iron on Polo shirts and Ferarrie hat as usual..