Notices

FORD X Plan ??

Old 10-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FORD X Plan ??

Friends of mine is looking at a new Ford diesel work truck.

A few years ago when i was also looking for a new truck i found some kind of airplane website that was a Ford partner and if you bought a membership you were eligible for the X-plan. Can't remember what it was?? Anyone have any info on what organizations offer the X plan ?

P.S. i ended up buying a Chevy
Old 10-06-2004, 01:51 PM
jtmiller02

Default Re: FORD X Plan ??

My brother gets X plan from work, but i don't think it can be used for anyone outside your immediate family.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered

Yea, it's not transferable.

I just found the airplane membership website that offered the plan. They have now changed thier rules. You need to be a member for at least a year to be eliglible for the plan. I guess they finally caught on that nobody was interested in airplanes, and just wanted 2k off thier new truck.

www.eaa.org

anyone know of any other places who are partners?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:14 PM

I had X Plan from my company and when I bought my Ford, I still beat the X Plan price by $1500. You can not necotiate with the X Plan the set price is the price.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about an "OSO" plan ????
Old 10-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
I had X Plan from my company and when I bought my Ford, I still beat the X Plan price by $1500. You can not necotiate with the X Plan the set price is the price.
Ditto. I just bought a new Expedition, and with all the cash back at the time, added to the negotiation, the price I eventually got beat the X plan.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

The company that I work for has the "X" plan, which is not negotiable. You beat that deal with an aggressive salesperson.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i work for ford there is a (a ) and (d ) plan . this is what the dealer pays for the vehicle. it is only eligable for employees and immediate family . the only bad part is that after you buy the first vehicle if you try to trade it in you will get royally screwed . i have bought a new truck every year and has finally caught up to me this year. i went to trade up my 04 supercrew 150 last week and they want to give me 20 g's on trade. it was 34 g's list and i paid 28 for it. i told them blow me so now i put it in the paper to sell. sad part is i make them a ton of money , but they try to screw there best employees anyway . so joe consumer doesn"t stand a chance when it comes time to trade.

another thing is that with the rebates that are being offered right now , the vehicles in a year will not be worth chit as a trade . it caught up to me . i'm not upside down but my new truck a year has ended. we are selling town cars 15 g's off list . the market is saturated and the car manufactures are dumping left and right. gm just had a 0 intrest for 72 months. and with the rebates the trucks won't hold a trade value. if you do buy , don't put any money down because it's just like throwing it away. good luck..

Last edited by open87; 10-06-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get X-plan from my employer as well (Accenture).
Old 10-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I will sell OSO members for XPlan. visit our website at www.sandersford.om or call me at 910-330-1911
Mat

Open72, tell me about your trade. It sounds like it is worth alot more than 20k to me.

Quick Reply: FORD X Plan ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.