Notices

Kramer to be released!!

Old 10-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kramer to be released!!

Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apache is gone, why can't they let it die with a shred of dignity? Scarab is dead too but you don't see us Scarab fans hoping that Wellcraft will break ranks with Genmar and hire Larry Smith as president and chief designer.

Jeeze
Roby
Old 10-11-2004, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

I guess that Jack , Lucy and Maxines "Free Ben" T-Shirts were a good idea after all!!

D-Hlaw started this thread in response to Fightclub saying that the board was dead... and all of you fell for it!!

Hey Saber28,
Send me 20 of your bumper stickers.....NOT
Old 10-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=craig223]I
D-Hlaw started this thread in response to Fightclub saying that the board was dead... and all of you fell for it!!

Goes to show you, a smooth talking or smooth typing lawyer can get you to believe anything I hope he wasn't TUO, (typing under oath). I do think he deserves a "time out" for falsifying and perpetuating untruths via the Internet.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Because Thad couldn't build a new Apache so they are hoping that Ben will go back into the boat building business and produce the boat that everyone has dreamed of for so long.

Do you think he had time to come up with a new set of plans or will he just splash an old hull?
I guess it would be a little difficult for him to ask Don Aronow to design and build him another Offshore Powerboat.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Registered

Hey guys -- I hate to tell you that even though it was a joke, there is a kernel of truth at it's center. The Supreme Court really is examining that issue and many expect upward departures based on extraneous issues to be ruled unconstitutional. The only question then will be whether it will apply retroactively. (For the record, I expect them to be held unconstitutional, but the ruling to be prospective only.)

I don't recall if Benny was an upward departure case, but if he was, you can expect there to be further proceedings.

Just my .02...
Old 10-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered

Actually the ruling would have to act retroactively also..... Ben was sentenced pursuant to a guidelines sentence but many of the enhancers are questionable.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Actually the ruling would have to act retroactively also.....
I got $100.00 bucks that they find a way to say it is prospective in effect only. (I'd be happy to lose this one.) Remember -- They aren't last because they are always right... They are right because they are always last.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's great when two lawyers can agree.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteFirefox
It's great when two lawyers can agree and I dont have to pay 150$/30 min session from both for a phone call to hear that they agree.

Hopefully everyone sees the innocence of a question....