Notices

Camden Gran Prix

Old 10-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camden Gran Prix

Some shots today
Attached Thumbnails Camden Gran Prix-dsc00763.jpg   Camden Gran Prix-dsc00764.jpg   Camden Gran Prix-dsc00765.jpg  

Old 10-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Default Re: Camden Gran Prix

more
Attached Thumbnails Camden Gran Prix-dsc00766.jpg   Camden Gran Prix-dsc00768.jpg   Camden Gran Prix-dsc00769.jpg  

Old 10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails Camden Gran Prix-dsc00770.jpg   Camden Gran Prix-dsc00772.jpg  
Old 10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a great shot of a flyby just before the race. I'm going to post the photos in the racers area if you care to see them.
Attached Thumbnails Camden Gran Prix-race-flyby.jpg  
Old 10-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Registered

Damn, I sure wish I could have gone today. Been sick the last 3 weeks, in hospital a few days this week, and trying to play catch-up with work. Here I am still working at almost 10:30! Got a job to deliver Monday AM, early as possible. Then another that is behind, and need to get done ASAP. Post more pics!
Old 10-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

That's all I got. Had to leave by 1:30 due to other obligations...A 60th suprize B'day party. I missed the big boys run. Maybe someone else can help out here
Old 10-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet the whole day was a blast!

Even when the Swipes boat came flying by my boat as I was hanging in the water trying to tied up a log about 20 Feet long and I got tossed in the water by his wake then crushed by the log! Just glad The motor was shut or I would have been chopped up.

Other then that It was a GREAT day!
Old 10-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

How many boats where there for the race? Also was the river a mess
Old 10-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We did a great job I feel for the first set of races cleaning up. I cleaned up everything from tree's to car rims n tires

With the wood removed, (at least the big stuff) the first race got under way. Papa Dukes and the local favorite Panther ran hard until Panther's paws got tired and took him out of the race. The Dukes ran away from the pack but later received a 1-minute penalty for breaking out (running above 70mph) so Sonic Boom took the win the title of OPA Divisional P5 Champion. 1st Sonic BOOM 2 Papa Dukes (broke out) 3 Extras

In P4 the leader out of the gate was the lime green Activator entry with the Bad Boy Turtle right on his tail for the first several laps. The Bay Boy was pushing the Activator to the limit and beyond. In turn two at the north end of the course, BJ and his partner found the limit as the boat created more Gs than their bodies could handle. They quickly got to feel just how cold the Delaware can be in October and they also became the newest members of the Crash Test Dummy club. The boat was fine and didn't flip over, it just expelled its occupants. The drifting hull was quickly taken undertow by the State Police and the race continued around the accident scene. I'm sure BJ would like to thank the crew from Boffa Deez for stopping their race to pull the uninjured crew out of the cold brine. That's what sportsmanlike conduct is all about.

Shortly thereafter the Bad Boy Turtle was toast, which left the race for the lead between Steelin Time, CMS and Typhoon. Lap after lap CMS couldn't pull away and Typhoon couldn't close the fifty-foot gap. Typhoon was running so loose that they were sliding the boat sideways as they rounded the corners. Yet they were denied. At the wire it was 1 Steelin Time 2 CMS Racing 3 Typhoon.

In P3, three Super Vee Lights went head to head with a twin engine Slingshot. Watt's Up ran at their own pace out in front, but the race behind him for second was the race of the day. Hocus Pocus, Wild Card and Typhoon went at it for bragging rights. It was Hocus Pocus that held a slight lead and was the first boat to get around turn one. They held the lead for the next two laps. Typhoon was the first to give up the chase and look for a towline. Hocus Pocus and Wildcard continued their duel and at the line it was Wildcard by just a few feet. 1 Watt's Up 2 Wild Card 3 Hocus Pocus

The volunteer boats had to jump into action again before the second race could start but by that time the tide was starting to flow which caused some HUGE pieces of wood to make their way onto the north turn of the course. Several boats had to make evasive maneuvers to miss the log and when the second tree appeared in the turn, it was time to call the race after just six of sixteen laps. When they finished in P2, the winner's were1 Wazzup 2 Wanted 3 Bad Boy

Coming all the way from Ohio to kick the boyz ass it was the husband and wife team of Bob and Theresa Eubanks in Twisted Styx. They ran a brilliant race from wire to wire. Stylin never got a chance to strut their stuff as a blower belt ripped apart. Relentless didn't make a good showing as they picked the wrong props for the day, but Lightning Jacks ran like the wind in an effort to catch Twisted Styx. This race was also cut short at just six of sixteen laps. 1 Twisted Styx 2 Lightning Jacks 3 Stylin.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Did you really fall in the river?

Dude, sorry about that........

Quick Reply: Camden Gran Prix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.