Just closed on house in Largo Florida >

Just closed on house in Largo Florida

Notices

Just closed on house in Largo Florida

Old 10-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just closed on house in Largo Florida

The prices in Pinellas county are what they were in Fort Laddadah 10 years ago! I've been looking in that area for a year and finally found something that was not already sold by the time I found it!
I just bought a 3/3, garage, pool, and most important: boat parking! one mile from the ramp on the ICW in a very nice area, for way under 200K, sure it needs some sprucing up, but something like this would easily cost $400K here!
Maybe you west coast guys can give me some advice on where to boat and what cool waterfront restaurants there are.
Also, my wife will be looking for employment once we are moved. Her background includes: Executive level administrative support, Property mgmt, Hospitality (airline, hotel and car rental).
Thanks for any help pointing us in the right direction.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just closed on house in Largo Florida

Originally Posted by georges
The prices in Pinellas county are what they were in Fort Laddadah 10 years ago! I've been looking in that area for a year and finally found something that was not already sold by the time I found it!
I just bought a 3/3, garage, pool, and most important: boat parking! one mile from the ramp on the ICW in a very nice area, for way under 200K, sure it needs some sprucing up, but something like this would easily cost $400K here!
Maybe you west coast guys can give me some advice on where to boat and what cool waterfront restaurants there are.
Also, my wife will be looking for employment once we are moved. Her background includes: Executive level administrative support, Property mgmt, Hospitality (airline, hotel and car rental).
Thanks for any help pointing us in the right direction.
Congrats George!!!

We'll miss ya over here, but still see ya at the races I hope.

Rick
Old 10-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Good luck

I guess were not going to get any more of your pictures from the inlet

Lucky Strike
Old 10-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

georges,
Welcome to the Neighborhood!!!
Glad you found what you're looking for. Largo is a nice area, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Make sure to cruise Gulf Blvd on St. Pete beach, it's a really beautiful area with a lot of neat little shops and resteraunts. Make a stop at the Hurricane resteraunt, it's a 4-story with a rooftop bar and is the best place to catch a sunset.

John's pass is a hot spot for boaters, check out Gators, good docks and good food.

On the intercoastal, stop by the Warf(near st pete marine) or bridgeview(underneath the corey causeway).

If you're cruising in the bay, pull into the harborage marina(just south of the airport and the St Pete Pier), there's a little place there called fish tales, there's good food and drink and live music on most nights.

Further north on the Tampa side, swing into channelside, there are more nice areas to checkout there, Jackson's is a fun place.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Registered

Lucky Strike:
Thanks, I'm not abandoning this place, you will still see Everglades Inlet pics from yours truly.
Rick:
We will see you in KW, we're staying at the Best Western Key Ambassador Resort on South Rosevelt, at the east end of town, nice and quiet......(between airplane take-offs).
Baja Daze:
Thanks for the info. Hope to meet some of you left coast guys in KW or locally.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Banned

Georges, you will love the boating over there. I already miss it.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Banned

The Pub on IRB has the best docks, but there is quite a bit of idle zone approaching from either direction.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Likewise, George, hope to see you around.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Someday, Someday, Someday...If I keep saying it then ...Someday I will be able to move down to FLA.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Registered

Thanks for the good info all. Just got back from the Largo house after 3 days of cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning! Going back again next wednesday for more of the same.
It's unbelievable what pigstys some people live in!!!
Also found out from the city that I cannot legally park my boat in front of my house, it seems there is a 20 foot setback the listing agent forgot to tell me about!!! After looking at the survey, it looks like I have about 14 feet available for my 29 foot trailer/boat combo!!!
When I was there measuring the space with my tape right in front of his assistant, just when I had gone under contract, telling him this was exactly the kind of place I needed for my boat, this guy just stood there like a dork and said : duh....yeah!
This burns me up!!! these morons selling real estate, that don't know chit!!!
I am a Realtor, and I ALWAYS tell people about anything that I know of that may affect their buying decision, and if I don't know it, I will research it and find out about it for them.

Quick Reply: Just closed on house in Largo Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.