Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cabin or No cabin, you help me decide (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88685-cabin-no-cabin-you-help-me-decide.html)

Audiofn 10-14-2004 07:34 AM

Cabin or No cabin, you help me decide

I am trying to figure out what to do with my cabin in my boat. The inside is going to be gutted and I am going to replace the stringers and everything around them. What I am wondering is if I should replace all the interior or just run it with out. We do not stay on the boat so that is not a real concern. As for resale I will keep this boat for a VERY long time so again it is not so much of a issue. What are the pros and cons hear?

GLH 10-14-2004 08:24 AM

Re: Cabin or No cabin, you help me decide

Don't finish it, considering your speed of execution that would take another 12-15 years.

Audiofn 10-14-2004 08:33 AM

HAHA GL!!! Actually that would speed things up QUITE a bit. One of the things that I am considering is that it would help will all the deck flex of the really early 302's. No matter what way I go it will take a LOT of weight out of the boat. Any ideas if that will screw up the balance of the boat?

Jon

Chris 10-14-2004 08:42 AM

If I where a single guy I would want a boat with no cabin and 6 man stand up bolster configuration.....but I am not so cabin space is valuable for the family.

mikes280 10-14-2004 08:59 AM

i would want some cabin to change in to keep coolers and things that i may need on a long day at the lake

OldSchool 10-14-2004 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
Don't finish it, considering your speed of execution that would take another 12-15 years.

LMAO!!! :D :D

All kidding aside, I would finish it.

Audiofn 10-14-2004 10:05 AM

Maybe the old 1/4 cabin? However I am thinking that if I got that far I may as well just go the rest of the way..... But damn it is a close race. A dead heat really as I put in a vote to keep it just so that I could see the results so right now that one vote difference is really a dead heat.

Jon

R Addiction 10-14-2004 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by GLH

FROTFLMFAO!!!!! GLH, I owe you a drink of choice in Annapolis for that one!!!! :D :drink:

Jon, I would a least finish it "Sparsley" at least you can get out of the weather and keep all your stuff there. Make it flat and throw some cushions in there for phornication purposes :D

PhantomChaos 10-14-2004 10:25 AM

Use a match to finish the boat. :D :D

302SR1 10-14-2004 10:30 AM

Jon,

I would finish it but very minimal.

Remove the fridge, head ,sink etc.......

Put 2 light weight facing lounges int it and possibly the V-berth (How much could a upholstered piece of foam weigh)

These additions would be very minimal to additional weight but very functional as well.

just my .02