Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Keep working on Baja or get Pantera? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88699-keep-working-baja-get-pantera.html)

Russ G. 10-14-2004 11:29 AM

Keep working on Baja or get Pantera?

Hey guys I have a 87 240 Baja. Its all upgraded including a Bravo 1 drive. Its got custom paint, interior, Gafrig throttle, Tube swim platform, Gil Headers and Motor work. Its close to were I want it. I still want to add full hydralic steering and K-Planes. That is going to cost over 7 grand with me doing to work. I went to the Camden Race and fell in love with the Pantera 28! How much better is the ride with a Pantera. I'm thinking about selling the Baja and putting the upgrade money towards a used Pantera. It looks like most of the Panteras already have upgraded steering and tabs. What do you think? I want to run either boats in the mid 70's. And I Boat in the Delaware River. Thanks in advance.

Russ

yss 10-14-2004 11:32 AM

Re: Keep working on Baja or get Pantera?

Everyone on the planet has a Baja, get a Pantera.

rchevelle71 10-14-2004 11:38 AM

The ride of a Pantera is Unfrikken believable!!!!

Check this one out, has every option, twin 502MPI, Hydraulic, K-Planes, aluminum trailer, etc.

http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoc...php?a=2&b=1937

ScottB 10-14-2004 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nuff Said

GregP 10-14-2004 11:47 AM

You'll be much happier with the bigger boat, and get more back for your time and money that upgrading the old one. Plus, it's always MUCH more fun to get something new in your life.

magnum27 10-14-2004 11:57 AM

Sale that Baja!!! The Pantera will hold a better resale than the baja and you will be able to go through water you could only dream of going in that Baja. The Pantera is custom built which means a lot more attention to detail and craftsmanship than a mass produced boat.

rchevelle71 10-14-2004 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ScottB
Nuff Said

and thats a 24 in that pic!!!!

hugetime1 10-14-2004 01:26 PM

dude, no contest, the panters is the way to got over the baja, but here is an alternitive, every bit as good as the pantera, and you can't beat the price.
http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoc...php?a=2&b=2004

tanned fat looks better 10-14-2004 01:33 PM

The Pantara is a 24 degree deadrise and your 240 is like a 21 or 22. There is no comparison in the ride in rough water. Plus I think your wasting your money investing in the old Baja you won't get it out of it when you sell it. Also you are already thinking about moving up, so it'll be just a matter of time now.

BRUCE SEROFF 10-14-2004 02:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I went from a 89 Sport 240 to a Pantera 28. And never looked back.

AWesome Boat

Thirsty Turtle 10-14-2004 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went from a 95 240 to a 28 Pantera. The only time I look back is to see my brother-in-law, who bought the 240 :p

BURNSMAZZ 10-14-2004 02:25 PM

Compare apples to apples,I don't care what brand of boat it is 4ft and 1000lbs is a hell of a lot more boat,bigger is better.

BRUCE SEROFF 10-14-2004 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
$40k and its yours

baja27 10-14-2004 03:04 PM

Hey Russ,

Welcome to the board! If you really want to step up I'm selling my 33 powerplay and you would be one of the fastest guys on the river, that is where I boat. :drink:

drypipetiger 10-14-2004 03:10 PM

I have a great shot of a hot pantera that was at Otis's Lake George Fun Run. It even had gps speedos on the back of the driver and pasenger seats for those sitting in the back bench.

I'd love to post it but haven't figured out how to resize so the photo can be clicked on an enlarged. Would someone mind if I emailed it to them to be posted here?

Caincando1 10-14-2004 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thirsty Turtle
I went from a 95 240 to a 28 Pantera. The only time I look back is to see my brother-in-law, who bought the 240 :p

LOL you crack me up. You won't be saying that next year will ya. :p Damn people and there blower motors. :D

Anyways there is NO comparison between the two boats. Pantera all the way.

BRUCE SEROFF 10-14-2004 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bajaneil
I have a great shot of a hot pantera that was at Otis's Lake George Fun Run. It even had gps speedos on the back of the driver and pasenger seats for those sitting in the back bench.

I'd love to post it but haven't figured out how to resize so the photo can be clicked on an enlarged. Would someone mind if I emailed it to them to be posted here?

here it is :D

Pantera1 10-14-2004 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Russ G.
Hey guys I have a 87 240 Baja. Its all upgraded including a Bravo 1 drive. Its got custom paint, interior, Gafrig throttle, Tube swim platform, Gil Headers and Motor work. Its close to were I want it. I still want to add full hydralic steering and K-Planes. That is going to cost over 7 grand with me doing to work. I went to the Camden Race and fell in love with the Pantera 28! How much better is the ride with a Pantera. I'm thinking about selling the Baja and putting the upgrade money towards a used Pantera. It looks like most of the Panteras already have upgraded steering and tabs. What do you think? I want to run either boats in the mid 70's. And I Boat in the Delaware River. Thanks in advance.

Russ

Your kidding right? PANTERA!

drypipetiger 10-14-2004 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
here it is :D

That looks like the boat. But I have an awesome shot of the side in the water.

BRUCE SEROFF 10-14-2004 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bajaneil
That looks like the boat. But I have an awesome shot of the side in the water.

ok, here you go :D

thedonz 10-14-2004 04:20 PM

pantera enough said

105mph_38_2003 10-14-2004 04:58 PM

Pantera all the way :D

Koozie 10-14-2004 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Get a Pantera!

Chris 10-14-2004 06:25 PM

Pantera!
I saw a 1979 Pantera that was pink named the "pink panther" - BTW, VERY COOL BOAT. Not many boats are built with this kind of quality.

Blue Pantera 10-14-2004 08:06 PM

I had the same 240 Baja and went out and bought a 28 Pantera.Like everbody else has said there is NO comparison between these two. The 28 Pantera will ride like a much bigger boat. If you wont to see a 28 you can give me a call

Brian

(856) 863-5635

Blue Pantera 10-14-2004 08:26 PM

Like everybody has said there is NO comparison.If you would like to take a look at a 28 Pantera give me call (856) 863-5635

Brian

Russ G. 10-14-2004 09:57 PM

Thanks guys! Wow I'm convinced. Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I have a Baja 240 for sale!!!

Before I saw the 28 Pantera I was thinking about the 27-29 Fountain. How does it compare to the Fountains?

Russ

CigDaze 10-15-2004 07:15 AM

Before I saw the 28 Pantera I was thinking about the 27-29 Fountain. How does it compare to the Fountains?

Russ

No comparisson. Pantera.

Stormrider 10-15-2004 08:32 AM

28 pantera is a big 28.
I'd see if you could get a ride on one in the NJ area... there are 3 for sale in NJ. That should help you make up your mind... fast!

cuda 10-15-2004 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
28 pantera is a big 28.
I'd see if you could get a ride on one in the NJ area... there are 3 for sale in NJ. That should help you make up your mind... fast!

Yes they are. I was rafted up to one in my 302 Formula, and the Pantera was every bit as big, and my Formula is before they started cheating on the sizes. Great boats.

jjh3 10-15-2004 10:04 AM

I've had 3 Baja's, including a new one. They were all very nice. But, the Pantera, hands down. Also, don't overlook that 26 Hustler. A guy by me has one and they also are built like battleships. Tough choice.

wwwTOPDJcom 10-15-2004 10:31 AM

Pantera is well Built, but when are they going update the dash and fairing

BRUCE SEROFF 10-15-2004 10:38 AM

Thanks guys! Wow I'm convinced. Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I have a Baja 240 for sale!!!

Russ

27 - 29 Fountain cant touch the 28 Pantera in Big water. Thats a FACT.

berns29scarab 10-15-2004 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
not to throw a monkey wrench in the game...but i'll tell ya what. i'm extremely happy with my 29 twin small block scarab have never been in a pantera so i cant compare the rides nor do i know of any with twin small blocks so i cant compare the performance...but like i said the only thing i woulda done differently was save a few more penny's and have bought a 33 AVS...thats what i'm looking to do now ....and yes she's mint and for sale

berns29scarab 10-15-2004 10:50 AM

i spoke with Jo at pantera before i bought the scarab, and for a twin big block boat they were just to pricey for me, (for a 28 anyway) and since i spend alot of time in the ocean i didnt want a single. if it werent for the deal i got on the scarab i may have bought a used pantera, but same year boats with twins were $15-$25 more

Stormrider 10-15-2004 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by wwwTOPDJcom
Pantera is well Built, but when are they going update the dash and fairing

This is an old school style boat. The fairing is perfect. Would you prefer a windshield?
The dash is functional... these are race boats.
But... I too would like to see some updating there, but nothing fancy.
I like all the gauges built into the back of the fairing, like a powerplay.

BODYSHOT1 10-15-2004 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this dash looks pretty sharp to me.... :cool:

wwwTOPDJcom 10-15-2004 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
This is an old school style boat. The fairing is perfect. Would you prefer a windshield?
The dash is functional... these are race boats.
But... I too would like to see some updating there, but nothing fancy.
I like all the gauges built into the back of the fairing, like a powerplay.

me no have a windshield now
http://performanceboats.net/images/P7260007c.jpg
http://performanceboats.net/images/P7260007c.jpg