Notices

Caddy CTS-V lease

Old 10-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Caddy CTS-V lease

My friend has one, By holding the traction control button down for 5 sec.s puts the car in Competitive Driving Mode. That really wakes the car up, and gives the control back to the driver, and eliminates the computer feed back. Not to mention, it smokes the tires right off the rim.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:27 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

A friend of mine owns a dealer.
Has a few 2004s leftover.
Will sell below invoice.
Let me know if interested.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob
Jeff I think you are right the CTS-V is not nearly as nice as the high line Euros, from an appointment standpoint. But when you look at the price tags of the cars it walked away from in the last 12 Hours of Sebring race you realize it blew away some very expensive cars in the Speed GT Challenger Series, i.e. Audi RS6, Saleen, Porsch 911, BMW M3, Vipers, Z06's etc. It also set a new GT Challenger track record at Sebring. It was so good they put restrictions on the motor/car for the next SCCA race. They cut down intake air flow, dropped rpm and added 200#'s. They placed 1-2 at Sebring and the next race I believe a BMW was able to win. If you want a well refined, plush performance car, probably CTS-V is not it. If you want a well appointed car that has the potential to take on some of the worlds fastest production cars I believe it is well worth a look. The BMW that will be in the same performance class as the V is the new M5 in 2006 and it will probably sell for twice the price of a CTS-V. The price of the CTS-V is icing on the cake!
The CTS-V is no quicker than the BMW 545 6-speed, nor does it handle the same. The only thing it does compare to is price and is 10k cheaper, and it feels so inside. That doesnt make it a bad car by my standards, I just prefer a little more refinement for trhe extra coin. The New M is in another leaque all by itself, for me thats hard to swallow at 95k, and use as your grocery getter.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:51 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Jassman, to be honest I don't know squat about any of these cars. I am on my second yr driving a V. All I can tell you is what I read and what the SCCA results show. Basically the writers seem to liken the M3 (primarily due to appointments) as well as the V but say the closer comparison to the V is the M5 which isn't out yet and there apparently aren't any laying in inventory. Personally, I couldn't believe the V did as well as it did in the SCCA deal. But at the end of the season I believe the M3 or the BMW took the honors. But then again, after the V got de-tuned by SCCA it has not been as competitive. I don't know what the 545 is like but a friend has a 745 and the V sure isn't in that "creature comfort" league
Old 12-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Caddy CTS-V lease

Great engine...excellent transmission..looks great..lots of lease deals due to good availability..hope you get it and have some fun! YOu can get a chip for it and retune it to much less tame torque specs...
Old 12-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its my understanding that the CTS is in the same class (size) as the BMW 3 series and not the 5 series. You would have to step up to the nes STS for that. A friend has the V6 CTS and I found it to be very nice. Granted, not quite a BMW, but you have to take into account the headstart that Beemer has had in building a high quality performance luxury sedan. I give Cadillac alot of repect for how far they have come so fast. And I am sure there are plenty of German designers & CEOs that are looking over their shoulders.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

CTS is sizewise in the same class as a 5series.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a few months for the STS V series, & the XLR V series are coming!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Registered

Sorry but that car is FUGLY !
Old 12-28-2004, 10:39 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

CTS is not targeted to compete in the marketplace with a BMW 5 series. However, if BMW wants to compete with the CTS on the performance end of things the 5 series is needed. CTS is a very comfortable car to drive, Navagation System, 6CD player are std as is a 6 sp and the Z06 motor. Now in stock form it is very controllable in corners, you can take it out and hang the rear in the corners at will. Push the traction control button twice and your in the performance mode. Rip shifts at 6300 or so and try to keep it straight! It is a blast and there aren't many cars gonna wanna mess with ya. I just have a hard time believing this thing put so many Z06 Vettes and Vipers in the weeds this year. If GM could develop an AWD for it boy would that be cool! My wife would much rather drive a 3 or a 5 Series if available than a CTS. I'll take the CTS.

Quick Reply: Caddy CTS-V lease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.