Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Caddy CTS-V lease (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88728-caddy-cts-v-lease.html)

R Addiction 10-14-2004 08:58 PM

Caddy CTS-V lease

Does anyone know if they lease these beasts? Or where I may be able to get a killer deal on one? :cool:

OffshoreOnly 10-14-2004 09:25 PM

Re: Caddy CTS-V lease

Yes, my friend just got one and leased it.

bob 10-14-2004 09:36 PM

R- mine will be going to the auction as soon as the new one comes in...would you be interested in trying to get it from the auction and do a lease? :D

animalhouse 10-14-2004 11:34 PM

Call Paul Masse Pontiac Cadillac 401-762-2300 They are in RI, and have three to choose from. Taking crazy $ off, if not PM me, I can get a black one w/ a couple thousand miles wholesale.

blownincome 10-15-2004 05:17 AM

R..
I dont sell.. but I know our Cad dealership has a 05 in black in Portsmouth NH
And yes you can lease one...
Bob

Stormrider 10-15-2004 08:34 AM

When someone does find out... I'd like to hear the numbers.

DoTheMath 10-15-2004 09:35 AM

Nice ride, a buddy of mine just bought one for his wife (go figure :rolleyes: ) and it is a hell of a ride... for an american sedan!!!

R Addiction 10-15-2004 09:46 AM

Bob, Any numbers? What are you doing this weekend? Give me a call tonight!! :D

Sydwayz 10-15-2004 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That car is badasssssssss. I LOVE the Stealth Grey pictured below.

If I get the daily driver that I want; and the tow vehicle that I want... I will have to sell the boat. I can't win.

CigDaze 10-15-2004 09:56 AM

That's a sweet ride. The wife wants one, so I may have to oblige. :D

R Addiction 10-15-2004 10:15 AM

I have a clean 2000 2500 4WD GMC for sale 40k miles. CLEAN!! If I can get a good # for this then I will have to Caddy up! BLACK of course!! :cool:

Sydwayz 10-15-2004 10:41 AM

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...ions/index.jsp

Go to Explore Financing link on right, and Payment Estimator link at the top center, and you will see payment options.

Don't do a GM Smart Buy. They suck.

302SR1 10-15-2004 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Step up to the pump and get the Lingenfelter CTS

Lingenfelter 2004 Cadillac CTS-V 427 CID

510 BHP @ 6000 RPM
530 lbs-ft of torque @ 4600 RPM

Package includes:
• Engine removal, inspection and disassembly
• Block machining and machining for sleeves
• Custom aluminum block preparation
• Darton modular sleeve assemblies
• ARP 8740 premium grade head studs
• Lingenfelter CNC ported & polished LS6 cylinder heads
• Stainless steel 2.100" hollow stem intake valves
• Stainless steel 1.57" hollow stem sodium filled exhaust valves
• Comp Cams double valve springs and titanium retainers
• 3 angle valve job, checking of spring tensions and heights
• Custom designed Lingenfelter hydraulic roller camshaft
• 1.85:1 roller rocker arms and HD pushrods
• Cloyes heavy duty timing chain set
• Lingenfelter HD rocker arm stands
• Custom forged aluminum pistons - 11.0:1 compression
• Custom forged steel crankshaft - 4.00" stroke
• Billet steel connecting rods - 6.125" long
• Computer balanced rotating assembly
• Reassembly and blueprinting of the engine
• Engine dyno test including 1 hour break-in procedure*
• Stainless steel exhaust by Corsa Performance
• Lingenfelter low restriction air inlet system
• Lingenfelter engine oil cooler package
• Fast composite intake manifold, 90 MM throttle body & fuel injectors
• ASP underdrive pulley & Goodyear belt
• Professional installation, testing and tuning
• Chassis dyno testing after installation
• LPE’s 2 year / 24,000 mile warranty

Lingenfelter has always strived to produce a highly refined level of performance that will maintain perfect drivability. The new Lingenfelter CTS-V package combines excellent performance while retaining the street manners Cadillac owners expect. This package will have a smooth idle and refined exhaust tone that is very unique.

*LPE now offers the same brake in procedure required by GM Racing on each ASA race engine built at LPE.

2004 CTS-V package prices
CTS-V 427 CID engine package $24,995.00
Options / upgrades
Nickel ceramic coated thin wall sleeves $1,200.00
LPE Aluminum flywheel - saves 30 lbs $669.95
Upgraded clutch assembly TBA
Corsa titanium cat back exhaust

R Addiction 10-15-2004 12:59 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Brian, I work for GM hopefully I can get a good deal :D

600HPS 10-15-2004 01:55 PM

whats the price on the 2500? TOM

bob 10-15-2004 02:29 PM

John here's the deal, in our area no leases available on used iron. Mine may be different as it wasn't titled, need to check it out. Did find a 2004 at a store with 1100 miles, Platinum color, can buy for $43K.. I'll call you tonight.

CBR 10-15-2004 07:38 PM

Yep, the V is impressive and the first Caddy I'd be interested in a long, long time, since my departed 1967 Eldorado in Firemist Blue (rare stock colour, changed colour with the light).

That car frequently stopped traffic, it was so gorgeous. If I had the space, I'd have another. Pleased to see it recently was on the list of ten coolest cars ever made or something like that. Streamline the styling on the mega horsepower V a bit more more and maybe it will make the next list!

clean sweep 10-16-2004 09:28 PM

I have about 10,000 miles on my CTS-V. Leased it in May of this year. Rate is about $750 per month, but I paid a little more up front to get lease payment down to this level. Great car-- I love the handling and great acceleration. 0-60 just under 5 sec. No tickets yet...Sticker is about $50m with only option -- moonroof. Only comes in black or siver although I hear couple of new colors being added next year. I really like the car-- good luck.

Jassman 10-17-2004 06:03 AM

drove one today, an 05 candy red one with creme color interior, very nice, for the 54k. Unfortunatly I was somewhat disappointed in vehicle, maybe cause of all the press that I have read on it, Im getting to not believe what these magazine say. Dont get me wrong, it was a nice car by American stds, but rough and totalitarian by the German car stds, I hate saying that, but comparing this car to her BMW 545I 6-speed and convincing her that we could save a little money, have about the same amount of room, and go slightly quicker in a straight line she agreed to take a look. But after putting 30 miles on it, I brought it back. For the money it is a good car 54k, it idled rough, shifted hard into gears, handled ok, sounded awesome, cheap looking plastic everywhere, fit and finish ok and accelarated excellently, and was less expensive than the Bimmer by 11k, not to mention any discount off sticker you might get, so in my book it has alot of value, but is lacking in alot of areas, bottom line for the money its a good buy. Jeff

bob 10-17-2004 08:35 AM

Jeff I think you are right the CTS-V is not nearly as nice as the high line Euros, from an appointment standpoint. But when you look at the price tags of the cars it walked away from in the last 12 Hours of Sebring race you realize it blew away some very expensive cars in the Speed GT Challenger Series, i.e. Audi RS6, Saleen, Porsch 911, BMW M3, Vipers, Z06's etc. It also set a new GT Challenger track record at Sebring. It was so good they put restrictions on the motor/car for the next SCCA race. They cut down intake air flow, dropped rpm and added 200#'s. They placed 1-2 at Sebring and the next race I believe a BMW was able to win. If you want a well refined, plush performance car, probably CTS-V is not it. If you want a well appointed car that has the potential to take on some of the worlds fastest production cars I believe it is well worth a look. The BMW that will be in the same performance class as the V is the new M5 in 2006 and it will probably sell for twice the price of a CTS-V. The price of the CTS-V is icing on the cake!

animalhouse 10-18-2004 12:50 AM

My friend has one, By holding the traction control button down for 5 sec.s puts the car in Competitive Driving Mode. That really wakes the car up, and gives the control back to the driver, and eliminates the computer feed back. Not to mention, it smokes the tires right off the rim.

Stormrider 12-27-2004 09:27 AM

A friend of mine owns a dealer.
Has a few 2004s leftover.
Will sell below invoice.
Let me know if interested.

Jassman 12-27-2004 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
Jeff I think you are right the CTS-V is not nearly as nice as the high line Euros, from an appointment standpoint. But when you look at the price tags of the cars it walked away from in the last 12 Hours of Sebring race you realize it blew away some very expensive cars in the Speed GT Challenger Series, i.e. Audi RS6, Saleen, Porsch 911, BMW M3, Vipers, Z06's etc. It also set a new GT Challenger track record at Sebring. It was so good they put restrictions on the motor/car for the next SCCA race. They cut down intake air flow, dropped rpm and added 200#'s. They placed 1-2 at Sebring and the next race I believe a BMW was able to win. If you want a well refined, plush performance car, probably CTS-V is not it. If you want a well appointed car that has the potential to take on some of the worlds fastest production cars I believe it is well worth a look. The BMW that will be in the same performance class as the V is the new M5 in 2006 and it will probably sell for twice the price of a CTS-V. The price of the CTS-V is icing on the cake!

The CTS-V is no quicker than the BMW 545 6-speed, nor does it handle the same. The only thing it does compare to is price and is 10k cheaper, and it feels so inside. That doesnt make it a bad car by my standards, I just prefer a little more refinement for trhe extra coin. The New M is in another leaque all by itself, for me thats hard to swallow at 95k, and use as your grocery getter. :D

bob 12-27-2004 04:51 PM

Jassman, to be honest I don't know squat about any of these cars. I am on my second yr driving a V. All I can tell you is what I read and what the SCCA results show. Basically the writers seem to liken the M3 (primarily due to appointments) as well as the V but say the closer comparison to the V is the M5 which isn't out yet and there apparently aren't any laying in inventory. Personally, I couldn't believe the V did as well as it did in the SCCA deal. But at the end of the season I believe the M3 or the BMW took the honors. But then again, after the V got de-tuned by SCCA it has not been as competitive. I don't know what the 545 is like but a friend has a 745 and the V sure isn't in that "creature comfort" league :D

Hydrocruiser 12-27-2004 04:57 PM

Great engine...excellent transmission..looks great..lots of lease deals due to good availability..hope you get it and have some fun! YOu can get a chip for it and retune it to much less tame torque specs...

RollWithIt 12-27-2004 05:15 PM

Its my understanding that the CTS is in the same class (size) as the BMW 3 series and not the 5 series. You would have to step up to the nes STS for that. A friend has the V6 CTS and I found it to be very nice. Granted, not quite a BMW, but you have to take into account the headstart that Beemer has had in building a high quality performance luxury sedan. I give Cadillac alot of repect for how far they have come so fast. And I am sure there are plenty of German designers & CEOs that are looking over their shoulders.

Stormrider 12-27-2004 06:53 PM

CTS is sizewise in the same class as a 5series.

Advantage_Rob 12-28-2004 01:56 PM

In a few months for the STS V series, & the XLR V series are coming!

Pantera1 12-28-2004 07:32 PM

Sorry but that car is FUGLY !

bob 12-28-2004 10:39 PM

CTS is not targeted to compete in the marketplace with a BMW 5 series. However, if BMW wants to compete with the CTS on the performance end of things the 5 series is needed. CTS is a very comfortable car to drive, Navagation System, 6CD player are std as is a 6 sp and the Z06 motor. Now in stock form it is very controllable in corners, you can take it out and hang the rear in the corners at will. Push the traction control button twice and your in the performance mode. Rip shifts at 6300 or so and try to keep it straight! It is a blast and there aren't many cars gonna wanna mess with ya. I just have a hard time believing this thing put so many Z06 Vettes and Vipers in the weeds this year. If GM could develop an AWD for it boy would that be cool! My wife would much rather drive a 3 or a 5 Series if available than a CTS. I'll take the CTS.

Edward R. Cozzi 12-30-2004 09:02 AM

My friend bought one for his wife. After HE drove it a few times decided he needed one for himself!
This must be some automobile!

robyw1 12-30-2004 11:11 AM

Here are the specs for the stock one:

400 HP @ 6000 RPM
395lb torque @ 4800 RPM

6 speed manual only trans available

0-30 2.0 sec
0-40 2.8 sec
0-50 3.8 sec
0-60 4.7 sec
0-70 6.0 sec
0-80 7.5 sec
0-90 9.2 sec
0-100 11.1 sec

1/4 mile 13.1 sec @ 109.8 MPH

Taken from Motor Trend 2/05 when they compared it to the 400 HP GTO and The 300C SRT-8. The caddy was fastest and the GTO was slowest but only 2 tenths separated the fastest and slowest. The 300C was the only automatic of the bunch.

This is one of the best issues of Motor trend I have ever read. It has the New Corvette ZO6 with the 7 liter 500 HP dry sump engine.

Roby

Jassman 12-30-2004 12:35 PM

That caddy must be a ringer :rolleyes: :D , all the tests that I have read from this year state anywhere from 4.9 to 5.35. When I drove the car I must have been in one of the 5.35 cars cause it didnt feel any quicker than the 545 6-speed we have. I applaud the American manufactures for doing a better job in all areas. :D

bob 12-30-2004 10:33 PM

My first ride in the CTS was also not impressive. I came back and parked it and made a comment that it didn't do anything for me. Then I found out about turning off the traction control and also going into the competition mode. Took it back out and tried it again....yyeeehhhaaa! The reason this thing doesn't et is because it needs some real tires on the rear. It works fine for going around corners the way it is stock but for straight line stuff it needs tires and perhaps some changes on the rear suspension.

Jassman 12-31-2004 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
My first ride in the CTS was also not impressive. I came back and parked it and made a comment that it didn't do anything for me. Then I found out about turning off the traction control and also going into the competition mode. Took it back out and tried it again....yyeeehhhaaa! The reason this thing doesn't et is because it needs some real tires on the rear. It works fine for going around corners the way it is stock but for straight line stuff it needs tires and perhaps some changes on the rear suspension.

That makes more sense, I never turned off the traction control, or attempted to put it in comp mode. The other problem with the real tires, while they help in ET's and G's, they start wearing out at 5k miles, and at 10k you are needing new ones, and my wife is not hard on her 545 6speed, no banging gears, no taking 35mph ramps at 65, exept on weekends, If I was a good boy, :rolleyes: I get to drive :cool: :D Jeff