CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: The Sox Curse

Originally Posted by Chris288
Oh,, in case you forgot:

The Curse of the Bambino
The inaugural 140-game season of the American League began on April 24, 1901. Boston's team was given the nickname "Americans" to differentiate them from the cross-town National League "Nationals." The press also dubbed them the Somersets, Plymouth Rocks, Collinsmen, Puritans .................................................. .................................................. ....................swatted his 137th off of St. Louis Browns pitcher Dixie Davis. World Series Championships
New York
Yankees Boston
Red Sox
1901-1918 (prior to the sale of Babe Ruth)

1919-present (after the sale of Babe Ruth)

The Yankees continued to share the Polo Grounds with the New York Giants until 1923 (when Yankee Stadium opened). That year, Ruth (batting .393 with 41 home runs) led the Yankees to their first of a .................................................. .....................

Chris, thanks for the history lesson, the 1900's were quite interesting. I understand we were once under British rule too
Old 10-21-2004, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey cmg your just like the team you pull for. win a world series first, then you can talk. beating us is only half the battle. we lost to a better team, im happy for ya. we lost with our guy we live and die with, mo. we had game 4 and 5 to put it away with our guy. we didnt. mo was going through some tough times and still had what it takes to come out and do his job. only problem they were better on that night. i can accept this loss because we beat your ass in 4 games and lost with our best guy. my heart goes out to that guy, and his family. i support joe torre, and the yankess and applaud how they go about their business. im proud to be a yankee fan and thank them for the last ten yrs that they have given me and our fans.

you boston clowns should take a note form the yanks, shut your mouth and play ball, because if you dont win the world series all this will be forgotten and i can guarantee that your pay role gets cut in half next yr and you will have yrs of more misery to come. so go to church, and pray. it would be a wicked shame if you got your asses handed to you on the worlds stage that we know so well..
Old 10-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Oh...I'm sorry, I reacted too fast, I just assumed wrong...I'll spell it out for Boston fans this time...

C-H-U-M-P-S
Wow .. (namecalling) you are a yanks fan .. and extremely mature ..
I wouldn't normaly stoop to this level but ... YANKEES SU(K
Old 10-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 32 thunder
I would like to see Roger Clemens against his old team in the World Series.
Well that would be the Yankee's (The team that he said's jersey he would wear when inducted into the hall of fame.) Since you guys lost then I will have to say that aint gona happen

Both teams and both fans are not with out fault. I thought it was a roit when all the Yankee fans were giving Pedro the Who's your dady

Playing chin music is fine and is done by ALL pitchers. When you crowd the plate they back you up. Pedro does it, Schilling does it, and so do the Yankees and every other pitcher BIG DEAL!!a

I want to know what JACK ASS fans decided it was ok to ruin property, kill people, and what ever else over a FREEKING GAME!!!!! If you did not hear a girl was killed last night after getting his with what was sapposed to be a harmless show from a roit gun. WHAT A WAISTE!!! Before you guys jump on all the Boston fans, over half of the people that go to our schools in Boston are from NY, and the NY fans were there in force as well as the Boston fans..... I just can not understand why every year that a team is about to win the entire city has to worry about the town being burned down

Jon
Old 10-22-2004, 05:57 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
hey cmg your just like the team you pull for. win a world series first, then you can talk. beating us is only half the battle. we lost to a better team, im happy for ya. we lost with our guy we live and die with, mo. we had game 4 and 5 to put it away with our guy. we didnt. mo was going through some tough times and still had what it takes to come out and do his job. Right, Curt Shilling and watched from the stands? only problem they were better on that night. i can accept this loss because we beat your ass in 4 games and lost with our best guy. my heart goes out to that guy, and his family. i support joe torre, and the yankess and applaud how they go about their business. im proud to be a yankee fan and thank them for the last ten yrs that they have given me and our fans.

Haven't you heard? The Yankees hold a new record, the only team to lose a 3-0 lead in the post season. The greatest collapse in sporting history - EVER

you boston clowns should take a note form the yanks, shut your mouth and play ball, because if you dont win the world series all this will be forgotten and i can guarantee that your pay role gets cut in half next yr and you will have yrs of more misery to come. so go to church, and pray. it would be a wicked shame if you got your asses handed to you on the worlds stage that we know so well..

Take note from the Yankees! You gotta be kIdding. There is nothing more obnoxious than a over confident Yankees player or fan.

Hey Stecz20, who's your daddy? I bet his socks are red.

YANKEES SUCK - YANKEES SUCK -YANKEES SUCK - YANKEES SUCK -YANKEES SUCK - YANKEES SUCK -YANKEES SUCK - YANKEES SUCK -!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Registered

hey cmg, ill show you my world series tickets, then you show me yours. lets see who has more... enjoy this year, it will be short lived. better hope you win this series, or ill camp outside your house with my people, and a big sign that says 1918.. i think i can still say that to you, you still have not won anything.. 1918 buddy.... may the ghost whoop your sorry asses this weekend......

the babe still lives, this is just his way of making it hurt worse for you with a big tease.....
Old 10-22-2004, 04:12 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Now don't be bitter.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Registered

you must be a buddy of cuda, first you root for the sox, and you roll in a formula. poor old guy... one day ill take you to yankee stadium in style. you let me know... maybe we can be buddies, like me and grandpa cuda........

Quick Reply: The Sox Curse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.