VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Sailboat Story!

:d :d :d
Old 10-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the "Trucker in the rear view mirror" theory. If I can see you while I am waiving and screaming... You cant see me. I am buying a flare gun this week and going blowboat hunting!

In hiensight; I should have just thrown the Rottwieler on the sailboat and as THEY scrambled yelled "Dont worry, he's friendly".
Old 10-20-2004, 04:31 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty new here and I have to tell you... I'm pretty impressed with most everyones capacity for keeping their cool. Most people I know, including myself tend to let their emotions get the best of them.

No question, I would have ripped his effing head off when he stepped foot on the dock. Just the look on his face while he pulled up to tie up with me standing there would have been worth it.I think I need to go call my therapist.

Sailboaters, ahhhhhhh.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Registered

Exclamation Re: Sailboat Story!

Originally Posted by Spicy
This is how we handle those types in the Chesapeake Bay!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guy's defending this sail boater is ridiculous. He was acting in unsafe manner and endangering peoples lives and property. Lines foul and wind changes. If it truly was 7 feet the guy was not boating safely. I can run my power boat within 7 feet of another boat and turn away without hitting it also, but I would be called an a'hole and given a citation.

Sorry to rant, but defending this guy, or even trying to justify his actions is just plain wrong.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:19 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

h20, I can only find one guy that is somewhat defending this A-hole!! You won't find me defending no stinkin' rag hanger!!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Registered

Arrow Re: Sailboat Story!

Originally Posted by h2owarrior
You guy's defending this sail boater is ridiculous.
We are not defending the sail boater. We are defending the power boater. What post were you looking at?

He was acting in unsafe manner and endangering peoples lives and property.
Yes the sail boater was very careless and arrogant.

Lines foul and wind changes. If it truly was 7 feet the guy was not boating safely.
yep.

I can run my power boat within 7 feet of another boat and turn away without hitting it also, but I would be called an a'hole and given a citation.

Sorry to rant, but defending this guy, or even trying to justify his actions is just plain wrong.
Defending the power boating guy or the sail boater guy?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:59 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

You know, just a few weeks ago some of our fellow members were berated for doing a flyby at a poker run/race event. There is no difference in the hazards of that and what this moronic WAFI (thanks Wayne) did. No wait, there is a difference, OUR guys said they were wrong and apologized on a public forum. Once more proving that powerboaters are a more stand up group of people. Perhaps at some point, preferably before someone gets hurt, this blow boater will get his head out of his posterior and actually take a look around. Until such time, IDRPSTF, I wish you the best of luck in your stickering! If I were close by, I would gladly voluteer to help.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered

Wasabe, Here are the postsers I thought we justifying this guys actions; Clay Washington, Mitchstellin and Audofn. Sorry if I misread your posts but saying the guy was "playin ya" and "they know where their boat is" is giving someone who would get that close to an anchored boat in an anchorage too much credit. Turning on a course marker is one thing, turing on a boat is another.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered

Okay...Im on a mission from God (In best blues Brother voice)
I will be posting a P.O. box within the next week on this thread for all of you to send the largest brightest most obnoxious stickers you can find. Make sure they have something to do with powerboating. No profanity as I do not want little kids in the harbor to be effected. Keep in mind this guys sailboat is all white and about 39-42 feet long. Thats alot of free advertising my friends. You can make up B.S. return addresses (I suggest that you do) so you will not get in trouble for supplying what is soon to be the new design scheme for the captain of the years boat. Please make sure stickers are in vinyl so that they can be pulled off without hurting the gel. I am trying to make a point, not actually ruin a boat! For the record... I am not saying I am going to completely cover this A-holes sailboat with all your fine artwork. That would be illegal. And I am an upstanding citizen (As well as a retired Alter Boy!!)

Anyhow,
I will have that P.O. box up soon and will be sure to post "Day After Pics" for all of you to enjoy.
And if anyone wants to donate a sticker that reads "Safety First, Do not Aim At Powerboats" I would Appreciate it!

Thank you to all.
God Bless!

Quick Reply: Sailboat Story!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.