Lake Havasu in December???

Notices

Lake Havasu in December???

Old 08-21-2003, 08:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Lake Havasu in December???

I'll be there in early December. What kind of weather can I expect? Any input on The Nautical Inn? BH
Old 08-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also am curious, Whats poppin out there in mid winter. I may take a vacation from the snow this year and Havasu sounds real good right now.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

It'll be colder than **** with a bunch of blue hairs
Old 08-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally posted by cigarette1
It'll be colder than **** with a bunch of blue hairs
Old 08-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Registered

The first Saturday in December is Havasu's Parade of Lights. We have been the last few years. Boats decorated in lights parade through channel. Lots of boats on the water that weekend. We'll be there again this year, its a good time and lots of parties.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Registered

Havasu in the winter is usualy pretty nice. Nights can get a bit cold 40-50 degrees and day time highs in the high 60's to low 70's. The water will be chilly and glassy. You won't see any hot girls or partying in the winter months. You may see a hot boat or two every once in awhile. These are eather die-hards or guys doing some testing. Most of the boats that occupy the lake that time of year are 12' aluminum fishing boats. The fisherman usually have a really strange look on their face when a big boat blows past them at 100+. You will need warm clothing for boating, but it is pretty fun to make a lunch run down to the Springs. Plan on getting on the water in the early afternoon, or you'll freeze. Have fun and maybe we'll see you out there.

P.S. You boat will run awesome in that time of year with the cold weather.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Registered

Havasu in the winter is usualy pretty nice. Nights can get a bit cold 40-50 degrees and day time highs in the high 60's to low 70's. The water will be chilly and glassy. You won't see any hot girls or partying in the winter months. You may see a hot boat or two every once in awhile. These are eather die-hards or guys doing some testing. Most of the boats that occupy the lake that time of year are 12' aluminum fishing boats. The fisherman usually have a really strange look on their face when a big boat blows past them at 100+. You will need warm clothing for boating, but it is pretty fun to make a lunch run down to the Springs. Plan on getting on the water in the early afternoon, or you'll freeze. Have fun and maybe we'll see you out there.

P.S. You boat will run awesome in that time of year with the cold weather.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:03 AM
Registered

The Parade of lights is a cool event, and the past few years there have been some radar runs going on the day of the parade.

Hotboat mag also does there testing out there in the winter, but it might be a little later than December.

Most people are going to the desert with their sand cars in December but Havasu offers Good water, and cool air for some speed runs though in the offseason.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

The Nautical, or The London Bridge Resort are the places to stay. The London Bridge is right in the channel and has more things to do right near it such as Bars, Kokomos (Probably dead during the winter), shopping and restuarants, they also have good access from there boat slips to the hotel. The Nautical is out on the island midway in thompson bay, but has beaches you can pull up on and leave your boat overnight, or lay out during the day. if it is not too cold. It will be very mellow, mostly locals, not any partyin (unless you bring your own party). I stay at both. I think that during the winter I would be more incline to stay at the London Bridge Resort as there is more to do there, and It might be rather cold for boating.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Ok thanks for the tips. I'm going out to Havasu for business so I'll have to deal with the weather. Anybody want to hook up let me know . How far of a drive is it from Anaheim, Ca________? Las Vegas________? I'm thinking of flying into one of these cities. BH

Quick Reply: Lake Havasu in December???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.