Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Warning...confirm Your Reservations!!! >

Warning...confirm Your Reservations!!!

Notices

Warning...confirm Your Reservations!!!

Old 10-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Warning...confirm Your Reservations!!!

I am so pissed right now I can't even begin to tell you!

If anyone has dealt with Key West Keys travel agency (www.keywestkeys.com) or hotels.com for Key West...BEWARE!!! I have had my "reservations" since Sept. 1 and have just found out that they are not even legit!!! They had no problem charging my credit card (on the same day I made the reservations) over $1300.00 but they sure as hell have a problem with contacting me to tell me they "accidentally" overbooked their rooms! Do you know that if I hadn't contacted the Hyatt to confirm my reservations I wouldn't have known!?! And to make matters worse, the plane tickets have already been purchased!

Then I have some DUMBASS at hotel.com try to tell me the reason they couldn't get the rooms were because part of the hotel was damaged during the hurricane!! Give me a freakin' break!!! I proceeded to tell him he is a LIAR, that the Hyatt told me what hotel.com had done and that I wouldn't deal with them again!

If you have a second, I suggest you check your reservations to be sure that they are valid and legit! Remember, just because someone sends you a confirmation number and charges your credit card doesn't mean you're getting what you paid for!

Sorry for venting...I can't even imagine what Wigginout and Rick (the other guy going with us) are gonna say when they hear about this!

~Cat
Old 10-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

Default Re: Warning...confirm Your Reservations!!!

hope ya work it out....love 2 cya 2 down there!....yes, i ALWAYS get confirmation #'s and check them at 2 different intervals prior to our arrival...don't forget to do it with the rental car as well! i have learned the hard was myself also...

the radison had rooms...i just called for another....my living sitcho has changed drastically!LOL

were @ the galleon and u have my #...so use it...cheers
Old 10-21-2004, 10:03 AM
jtmiller02

Damn Cat...thats ****ty. Good job callin them out on the hurricane BS, there was no real damage in the keys.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Those online bookings always scared me. I got bumped from a flight once because I got my tickets from orbitz, while the airline was booking at the same time.

I hope you get everything resolved.

Deal with the hotel directly, if you can.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
Damn Cat...thats ****ty. Good job callin them out on the hurricane BS, there was no real damage in the keys.
Jon,
It sucks doesn't it!?! You talk about being one pissed off l'il Mexican!?!?!? Where's the bat...or better yet the Jersey boyz...when ya need them?!?!

Oh well, I just hope we can find something decent at this late date. I did have 2 reservations somewhere else that I let go...won't do that again!

Cat

P.S. How's work and the back doing?
Old 10-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG that is awful, is there no chance at the Hyatt then, tell R Addiction you want your other rooms back I am sure that between the racers and all of us we will find you other accommodations. Klaatu
is staying down there now and has been helping with the party, maybe we can get him to scout out a place
Old 10-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Registered

Check out Southernmost hotel, they may have a room or 2 left.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

I just booked a room at the Radisson yesterday for someone. $129 per night if you mention APBA promo
Old 10-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ScottB
I just booked a room at the Radisson yesterday for someone. $129 per night if you mention APBA promo
Scott, PM me your e-mail again, I have something to send you.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Registered

the same thing happened to me at the ny city poker run, I got there and no room, I made such a sene they gave me the pent house at no extra charge, I just felt i was right and was not backing down and to make matters worse, the person I was dealing with bearly spoke english. and I booked my room six months in advance so I would definatly have it.

Quick Reply: Warning...confirm Your Reservations!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.