Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tired of trying to sell the boat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89131-tired-trying-sell-boat.html)

ActiveThunderTodd 10-21-2004 11:27 PM

Tired of trying to sell the boat.

I can't believe no one wants this boat at the price I had been advertising. Talked with my mechanic and Pat and decided to take the boat off the market. I was told by the last person interested that he was afraid of the motors. They just had a COMPLETE top end job done. My mechanic and others I've spoke with says that the rotating assembly of the motors are almost never responsible for why they break. I spoke with a local parks service and they have over 2000 hours on a big block. They have done several valve jobs along the way but haven't touched the bottom ends. Said they were planning on a total tear down next year.

I'm not a mechanic so I guess I'm just gonna have to trust mine. Like he said its his reputaion on the line for his opinions and experience (over 23 years) and he wouldn't send me out on the water knowing that they could hand grenade at any moment. Hell, she's running better now then when it was new so why not just keep her. It's an outstanding looking, handling and well built boat.

So I'm staying in the Offshore game..:D
Guess you all aren't getting rid of me yet...lol

29scarab 10-21-2004 11:55 PM

Re: Tired of trying to sell the boat.

DOn't get dsicouraged.
Fever Mike is right. the market is just extremely slow right now. Hang in their. It picks up and you will sell it.

I'm waiting to seel mine when I see the market pick up.

Shawn

ActiveThunderTodd 10-22-2004 12:31 AM

Aaaa....I'll just keep it. I really like my boat anyways...:D

wwwTOPDJcom 10-22-2004 12:34 AM

its a nice boat, I would buy it in a heart beat if I didnt have so many remodeling projects to do. :rolleyes:

thedonz 10-22-2004 12:48 AM

dude if i had the money i would also but it and i'm not saying this to make ya feel good. even though active thunders are not in my top 4 list but i still love those classic lines. but hey what the heck i'm only 22 :cool:

donz jr mike

Griff 10-22-2004 03:38 AM

I really wish you would sell Best Revenge. That way I would stop thinking about taking a serious looking at it!!!! I have talked to a few other people who would also love to have your boat. It just seems to be bad timing for me and all those I have talked to. The engines/hours don't scare me away at all. The price is great and the boat is a steal at that price. Its just not the right time for me to seriously look at it.

Look at it this way. You've got a great boat to be stuck with :D

cig1988 10-22-2004 04:16 AM

In the "same boat" here. Time to winterize and back on the market in April. I thought a $50k boat would sell rather quickly but seems like the high end boats with a price tag of a house are going like hot cakes.

East Coast B 10-22-2004 05:48 AM

Two thoughts... The economy is killing the middle class which is the sector that would normally be looking at that 32 Thunder at that price. I'm in that class and recently sold my 26 to upgrade to a 31-32 in this price range. However, my company as like many others, we're in the fortune 100 list, are going through layoff after layoff and outsourcing on top of it. I don't know from week to week if I'll have a job, talk about sleepless nights! Since we sold the 26, we can't think about getting into a big purchase like this with so much uncertainty. We keep waiting things out, really sucks!

Secondly, persons in the high ranks of the company that aren't affected by layoffs and outsourcing and persons that have invested in the ground of their own businesses and persons owning income property have seen their investments flurish and increase in value. Therefore, they are in better position and as was mentioned are keeping the bigger ticket items market flowing. Thanks Mr. Bush!

Oh,and I don't even need to start on fuel costs.

Just my own .o2 cents as to the reality of the middle class worker.

To comment on your boat, I love the package. Great looking bright graphics, quality trailer and engine setup. The one item that is distinctively different is the seating arrangement from the traditional styling of boats of this size. The double seat is something familiar in the larger boats. Is that having anything to do with keeping people away? Sonic 31's which is very much like yours seem to move quickly and the only major difference I see is in the seating arrangement.

What are peoples general thoughts about the double seat? I imagine this would add room to the head area which some people would find a benefit. Then, is there any issues with moving around the cockpit with ease having the double seat. Not sure if these are concerns, if they are and you find people wondering this, maybe update your advertisement to address the positive of having this setup. Rather than a viewer of your ad making their own impression of the setup, put it in text why the double seat is better than singles and what they are gaining both in the cockpit and in the cabin. If it has a large oversized head, get the pics of it out there so the wife gets a visual, might wind up being a selling point to them. I'm not familiar with your cabin, so I'm just guessing.

Good luck and hopefully persons like myself can get back in this market soon. If not, wave to me as you go by, I'll be the guy in an innertube with a sail. That's if I can afford a sail!!! Again, Good Luck!

MnFastBoat 10-22-2004 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunderTodd
Aaaa....I'll just keep it. I really like my boat anyways...:D

Glad to hear it!

However, if you plan on ever getting rid of Tracy, PLEASE PLEASE let me know :)
Because I would slap the crap out of you and wake you up! :)

The boat is great to keep, otherwise I would love to own it. But I have the same problem on selling my boat :(

MnFastBoat 10-22-2004 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Griff
I really wish you would sell Best Revenge. That way I would stop thinking about taking a serious looking at it!!!! I have talked to a few other people who would also love to have your boat. It just seems to be bad timing for me and all those I have talked to. The engines/hours don't scare me away at all. The price is great and the boat is a steal at that price. Its just not the right time for me to seriously look at it.

Look at it this way. You've got a great boat to be stuck with :D

MY thoughts exactly! :drink: