Notices

Women boaters please read

Old 10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Women boaters please read

No, I'm not trying to get a date!

I was working the Annapolis Boat Show last weekend and a woman from Boat/US came to our table. She's looking for women boaters who would be interested in telling their stories by speaking to women groups or being published in the Boat/US magazine. I told her I'd pass on the word to this list. She's really interested in women racers, but any women boaters will do. If interested, please contact her directly using the following. Be warned. She's one of them rag flapper salebote types!

Claire Wyngaard
Speakers Bureau Admin/Public Affairs Assistant
Boat/US
(800)678-6467
[email protected]
Old 10-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Women boaters please read

That's cool. Hopefully, some of our fine boating ladies on this board can make it into their magazine. It's a good magazine, I read it every month, but it is heavily leaning towards ragboats/cruisers/etc. It would be nice to show a little different perspective to them.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds interesting...I might bite!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Women boaters please read

There are some women boaters on here. I wouldn't consider my self a boater yet. Just a passenger/driver who is still learning.

I have driven the Gladiator and since we are getting work done it will be awhile before I get back on it.

Definitely send BLOND CIG CHICK (Anna)a PM she's the bomb and a very skilled driver.

Where's bat girl? She drives.

I'm having a brain fart on who else....

I'd like to met female racers.

Lisa Mathews but I'm not sure she's on the board... awaiting a response from Gdfatha
Old 10-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

My buddy Jen Youngblood drives a bat boat and has won every race she has been in this year, I am pretty sure.
She goes by OffshoreGal online.
And what about Wilma from Snap On Talking Tools. She is AWESOME!!!
I ran last year in a Shootout race but that is it. I did it once and would LOVE to do it again after the new power in the Baja!!
Old 10-22-2004, 05:19 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wasabe
There are some women boaters on here. I wouldn't consider my self a boater yet. Just a passenger/driver who is still learning.

I'd like to met female racers.

Lisa Mathews but I'm not sure she's on the board... awaiting a response from Gdfatha
==============
My dearest WASABE, I am not a boat babe (Physical characteristics/inspections/verifications are invited to all OSO ladies attending the Worlds at Key West, Holiday Inn Beachside, Room # ??????).

I will however admit that Lisa remains my fantasy with you running a very close second.

I do believe she was up and about at Deerfield. I was going to introduce myself but the lady I was with tweaked my ear the other way...

-Photo 1- Lisa at a distance (her lady friend was outstanding)

-Photo 2- Lil ol me
Attached Thumbnails Women boaters please read-p1000242-.jpg   Women boaters please read-pa180394-.jpg  
Old 10-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Women boaters please read

Originally Posted by gdfatha
==============
My dearest WASABE, I am not a boat babe (Physical characteristics/inspections/verifications are invited to all OSO ladies attending the Worlds at Key West, Holiday Inn Beachside, Room # ??????).

I will however admit that Lisa remains my fantasy with you running a very close second.

I do believe she was up and about at Deerfield. I was going to introduce myself but the lady I was with tweaked my ear the other way...

-Photo 1- Lisa at a distance (her lady friend was outstanding)

-Photo 2- Lil ol me
On another thread I wanted to get Lisa's handle for OSO. That's what I meant when I said awaiting response for gdfatha.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

twice now a thread where Lisa's name came up, yes she is on the board, is doing fine, and will be in Key West. I only know her by phone but so friendly I think she would help anyone. If they want to interview anyone it should be her, she races in the big time and owns her own poker run boat. She even has a all female poker run crew. They should also talk to Wilma and then others like OutlawCowgirl that owns their own boat.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:30 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Lisa raced/drove Pier 57...I made a special album relating to Lisa and Pier 57 and it's fun time at St Cloud earlier this year. Of all the 1000's of photos I have taken none compare to the extremes of facial expressions of Ms Lisa.

Check out my Pier 57 album at: http://community.webshots.com/script...umID=131864514
Old 10-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Registered

Check out my Pier 57 album at: http://community.webshots.com/script...umID=131864514[/QUOTE]

Great, when I try to open it says ERROR HAS OCCURED YOU MIGHT NOT BE THE OWNER OF THIS ALBUM, Duh of course I am not, so now what?

Quick Reply: Women boaters please read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.