Notices

Dan Lanza

Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Lanza

Great job on the tribute website...best wishes for all the people that were in his life
Old 02-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Life is short----it;s precious. I smile when I think of Dan. He bought a couple of freshly built short blocks I had sight unseen. He really trusted me and I didn't want to let him down or violate his trust and he knew that about me. I didn't know Dan very well, but was getting to know him better as time went on. He was a great guy to work with as I trusted him, and he trusted me. I miss people like that. They are a breed that is hard to find. And because of that trust we talked more, and more with each other. He was a likable guy, and fun to talk to.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Dan in person. We talked boats, and engines a lot on the phone. At the time of Dan's death, he and I were working on something together. Dan and I were in the begining stages of a good friendship. I would have liked to have met him, and gotten to know him more. He brought a lot of excitement to the offshore boating sport here on OSO. I liked him. He is sorely missed.

Michael, I know Dan was your very close friend. Thank you for posting this thread in his memory, and the Dan Lanza website.

Mark/KAAMA
Old 02-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Banned

Very moving site. Although Dan's life was cut short, it looks like he lived every minute of it.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job on the tribute website. Shame to lose a good guy like Dan.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I "met" dan thought OSO and when I was putting a pair of 540's together, he offered me 2 sets of intakes and carbs to try...if i liked them, i could send him some money...if not, i could simply send them back. he was just a helpful, trusting guy. RIP dan.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Registered

Happy B-day buddy we'll meet again, when, only you may know.

RIP
Old 02-16-2005, 05:27 AM
Registered

I appreciate all the heartfelt comments here about Danny. It would be great if those that took the time to post here did the same on Dan’s site. This would give Dan’s family and friends elsewhere that do not participate here, and would never have the chance to enjoy what has been said here an opportunity to read them. Only the name field is required, and a last name is not necessary. A simple copying and pasting of what was said here would be really nice. Thanks again for remembering Danny.

http://danlanza.com/guestbook/index.php