Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ft. Lauderdale Area Help...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89421-ft-lauderdale-area-help.html)

Tricky919 10-27-2004 12:37 PM

Ft. Lauderdale Area Help......

I am thinking of taking the Cig. down to the Ft. Lauderdale are for the winter instead of shrink wraping and storing the boat up in NY. Where can i dry rack store the boat and what are the costs per month for this storage in that area?I would like to fly down as use the boat and meet some people from the area who can show me around. Any help and info will be greatly appreciated....Ricky

ScottB 10-27-2004 12:40 PM

Re: Ft. Lauderdale Area Help......

A little further North would be cheaper. We got a crew down here that would be happy to show you around

Tricky919 10-27-2004 12:43 PM

Where abouts, anywhere in Fla. will be considered........

rchevelle71 10-27-2004 12:46 PM

Scott is probably correct, Jupiter is where he is at.

If Ft Lauderdale is a must, Jackson Marine center on the New river is the cheapest, but it is a 45 minute idle to the inlet, Marina One is the nicest, closest to Boca Inlet, but also the most expensive. American Offshore Marina is a good compromise.

Oh, and we would be happy to show you around!!!!

ScottB 10-27-2004 12:50 PM

Try Boynton Beach, its still relatively close and cheaper. My area up through Stuart has the most open water but we are and hour North of Lauderdale. The boating is awesome though and we are 15 minutes from WPB Int'l

lucky strike 10-27-2004 01:10 PM

If you have a trailer I would be very happy to store it for you in the backyard of my car dealership that is fenced in. I'm 15 minutes from the 15th St. ramp. We have a truck to tow it also.

rchevelle71 10-27-2004 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by ScottB
Try Boynton Beach, its still relatively close and cheaper. My area up through Stuart has the most open water but we are and hour North of Lauderdale. The boating is awesome though and we are 15 minutes from WPB Int'l

Not to mention Palm Beach inlet, and Peanut Island!!!! Boynton Inlet Sucks!!!!!!!

But then again, your in a cig, you can handle Boynton inlet.

Tricky919 10-27-2004 06:31 PM

Thanks for the info guys, i will definatley give you a call if i decide to do it ............

Madcow 10-27-2004 08:05 PM

I did American Offshore last year, and I was pretty happy with it. Kinda close to port everglades. 5 Minutes from the airport. Nice staff, clean place. Lots of offshores. I would go there again if I was trailering down again this year.

Michael Ward 10-28-2004 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tricky919
I am thinking of taking the Cig. down to the Ft. Lauderdale are for the winter instead of shrink wraping and storing the boat up in NY. Where can i dry rack store the boat and what are the costs per month for this storage in that area?I would like to fly down as use the boat and meet some people from the area who can show me around. Any help and info will be greatly appreciated....Ricky

CALL Mindy @ Dollar Offshore, and you will get to meet Mac. Once Mac takes care of your boat one winter, you will be to spoiled, to ever have any one else do it for you again. I speak from experiance.