Intro from So. Cal. Newbie >

Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Notices

Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Old 10-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Funny guy Greg I guess it's better than the picture of me being loaded in the Ambulance in San Diego after the CB deal
Old 10-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

Michael, welcome aboard.

I've lived and boated out of the channel Islands harbor and Various other ports in So. Cal. for as long as I can remember. The one thing you need to know is the water gets unusually big between north of Point Mugu and south of Santa Barbara, from the shore to the Channel Islands due to the deep water channel and the wind whipping between the islands and the coast. 6-8 footers is everyday normal, then you have to add the wind chop that comes in afternoon. Makes for some good times!

I am currently selling my Baja that I've owned since new and was recently re-furbished w/a 525SC and new trailer. I've never had a problem running to the islands in it or up to Santa Barbara but it can get bumpy at times

Theres some other boats we run with regularly around here but offshore boats aren't as popular as say the Newport Long Beach areas. I'd be happy to take you out the next time I run which will probably be with in the next couple of weeks. I have a full schedule prior to that. Email me or call and we'll set something up.

Tank

[email protected]
805-340-8847 cell
Old 10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BADA BING
Funny guy Greg I guess it's better than the picture of me being loaded in the Ambulance in San Diego after the CB deal

Jimbo, it's also better than the pics of you walking up the launch ramp in Newport in your skivvies..
Old 10-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Registered

True true Hey don't forget though my cell phone still worked after that
Old 10-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Michael, welcome aboard.

I've lived and boated out of the channel Islands harbor and Various other ports in So. Cal. for as long as I can remember. The one thing you need to know is the water gets unusually big between north of Point Mugu and south of Santa Barbara, from the shore to the Channel Islands due to the deep water channel and the wind whipping between the islands and the coast. 6-8 footers is everyday normal, then you have to add the wind chop that comes in afternoon. Makes for some good times!

I am currently selling my Baja that I've owned since new and was recently re-furbished w/a 525SC and new trailer. I've never had a problem running to the islands in it or up to Santa Barbara but it can get bumpy at times

Theres some other boats we run with regularly around here but offshore boats aren't as popular as say the Newport Long Beach areas. I'd be happy to take you out the next time I run which will probably be with in the next couple of weeks. I have a full schedule prior to that. Email me or call and we'll set something up.

Tank

[email protected]
805-340-8847 cell
Tank,

Are you around this weekend? I'm going out probably Sunday morning. Wanna go?
Old 10-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
Tank,

Are you around this weekend? I'm going out probably Sunday morning. Wanna go?
we're planning on a blow out, ragin deep into the night halloween party Sat. soooooo, needless to say, I wont be getting up "early" i.e. before 1pm on Sunday!

I'll listen for your boat to go out though and have dreams of Cigarettes dancing in my head!
Old 10-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

Okay, Tank. I'll give it a few extra revs for ya as I idle through the no wake zone!
Old 10-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

Okay, Tank. I'll give it a few extra revs for ya as I idle through the no wake zone!

You runnin' with any other boats?? When do you want to do Santa barbara for lunch? Schulte said he's in and he'll get the guy that bought Clancy's fountain. I have another 42 fountain, a 38 Scarab, 40 Hallet, 42 Tiger and maybe Nort that'll run too. Think about some dates in Nov.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Registered

Kevin may be out of town. He said he has a booth at SEMA but I'm not sure what day he is leaving. If he's around he'll probably go (I may have a little trouble keeping up with him though!). I just wanted to take mine out for a run because I didn't get too much at speed wheel time during the offshore races. Had a lot of time idling and floating around with the divers on board.

We're doing a Catalina run on Nov 13 with some guys from Hotboat.com if you're interested. Taking Kevin's boat and leaving mine at home for that one.

Maybe Nov 6/7 or 20/21 for SB? Any of those dates good for you?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Registered

Kevin may be out of town. He said he has a booth at SEMA but I'm not sure what day he is leaving. If he's around he'll probably go (I may have a little trouble keeping up with him though!). I just wanted to take mine out for a run because I didn't get too much at speed wheel time during the offshore races. Had a lot of time idling and floating around with the divers on board.

We're doing a Catalina run on Nov 13 with some guys from Hotboat.com if you're interested. Taking Kevin's boat and leaving mine at home for that one.

Maybe Nov 6/7 or 20/21 for SB? Any of those dates good for you?
the 20/21st sounds good.....I'm out on the 6th though

Quick Reply: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.