Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
He could move in next door to you...(OT) >

He could move in next door to you...(OT)

Notices

He could move in next door to you...(OT)

Old 10-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default He could move in next door to you...(OT)

We all know boating is largely about family both blood and extended. Imagine if one of those "it won't happen to me's" happened to YOU and YOUR FAMILY. Well it happened to my family and I in the summer of 1990. My 9 year old only neice Nancy was gone, missing. For 7 MONTHS we looked for her like you can't imagine. After all that time her skelital remains were found at the edge of a pasture nest to a road by a man picking up aluminum cans with his son. ( I know the site says jogger) At the time it was called one of the biggest and best known searches for a missing child before I believe it was Polly Klass was kidnapped in California and all the actors pitched in and helped out.
One of the "men" involved in Nancys Very Brutal Kidnapping, Rape, and Murder is on Death Row in Texas due to being convicted of a similar crime there 8 years prior to Nanners murder!!!
The other "man" is up for parole again at the end of this month. Too many people don't realize that this "person", if paroled, could move in next door to you or your GrandChildren. "It" could sit on the porch and watch them come and go to and from school and play in their Own backyard!!!
There is a petition that interested people can sign to help prevent this "mans" release. To authenticate this and so you know it's not some sick way of getting you on some mailing list or something I am including this link
http://www.kzsn.com/donald_wacker_petition.html
where you can see for yourself what's up. Sherri who now works for these four radio stations is a longtime family friend and was one of the DAILY volunteers who helped out from the day Nanner came up missing and is Still putting alot of time and effort into this as you can see.
I can be reached at [email protected] or [email protected] to answer anything or help if there's something Sherri can't do as she is very busy.
You may not live in our community but the message that goes out as a result of these petitions is Loud and Clear!!! At the last parole hearing we had the most signatures in the history of Kansas against Anyone coming up for parole for Any crime. It is our full intention to make sure that as time goes on Nanner and those like her will not be forgotten but only remembered stronger than ever.
Thanks,
Don
Old 10-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: He could move in next door to you...(OT)

Don, I lived in Kansas when that happened. I rember it like it was yesterday. my thoughts and prayers with your friends and family. I will do what ever to help. Tom

PS please Steve if you could post this at the top.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:25 AM
Registered

I have a question. I thought that people that signed petitions such as this one, had to live in the area. Please check on that. If the answer is that they don't have to, I'll sign it. But I don't want to sign it and mess you up.

I am VERY sorry you went through this. Frankly, I don't think people like this should EVER get out. It forces families such as yours to petition like this, and relive the experience as you constantly have to re-explain why he shouldn't get out.

My prayers to out to you. God bless.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Registered

As a parent, I can't even imagine what your family has been through. Parole should never even be an option in a case like this. If you help keep one other child safe, then Nancy's memory lives forever. Bless you.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Registered

ttt

(sorry - I really want an answer to my question and don't want the thread to get lost)
Old 10-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

very sad, you and yours are in our prayers.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bonnie, on the link it says several times that they can use signatures from any state since if he gets out he can move around, so you can print out the form and get your friends and family to sign it.
On the news today they were talking about a parole hearing for the killer of John Lennon they said that in NY that when a person is sentenced to life that they have to be granted the opportunity for parole hearings. So I guess life is not really life in prison. It just amazes me that if someone is found guilty of murder and given live in prison they still get to have a parole hearing. As with Lennon and this case I am glad that there will be people watching so scum like Donald Wacker will never walk free.

I am printing the petition and plan to take it with me this weekend to several events where I hope to get 100 or more signatures. Best wishes for your family. Donna
Old 10-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the above link:

We can use any signature from anywhere because if he should get out and he moves to another state then it’s your concern also.

Also:

All petition sheets must be originals. You cannot fax or email petitions back (copies will not count as a signature).
Each line must include signor’s signature (not a printed name), city and state.
Best way to begin getting signatures is print out as many copies from the Clear Channel Radio web site as you need.
Start collecting signatures back side of a petition may be used). Then send all signed petitions to the address below:
The petitions can also be dropped off at the above address Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Can’t make it by Clear Channel Radio You may drop them off at any Davis-Moore location.
If you are not able to do any of the above you can go by any Davis-Moore location and sign the petition or by Clear Channel Radio’s office at the above address.
We can take petitions up to October 27th as the parole hearing is October 28th.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered

MPY - I missed the last sentence. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

If anyone needs petitions I will get you originals and send them to you in big envelope with return postage included so you can just sign and send. And yes anyone anywhere can sign, sorry I misssed that in the original post.
I plan on being at the Kansas City Nascar race this weekend in the campground with petitions also. If anyone is there and wants to find me my cell is 316-990-0149.
Thank You All So Much!!!!!!
Don

Quick Reply: He could move in next door to you...(OT)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.