Notices

Paging Glassdave

Old 10-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrow Paging Glassdave

Hey - are you gonna be in Key West?
After reading some of your responses on this board I figure we should have a beer.
You grew up in the same hometown as me (of what?, maybe 3000 people in Rossford?), and you have good taste in radio stations (WRIF - Drew and Mike - B*TCH!!!).
I've been trying to figure out who you are from High School, and I think I might know - do ya have a younger sister and brother?
Regardless, if you're going to the Key's I'll buy ya a beer.

I'll be there in 25 day's, can't wait.
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:45 PM
packinair

Default Re: Paging Glassdave

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
(WRIF - Drew and Mike - B*TCH!!!).

that is BYYYYYYYYYYIUCH yea he will be there

Old 10-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

sounds great to me. i am going to be there from the 18th-22nd. where are you staying down there?

yea i think Rossford might be up to 3500 these days what year did you graduate again? and yea i have a younger sister and an older brother. neither of the went to school in rossford though ( parents must have liked them better than me ) lived on the main drag, Superior st. My parents bought one of the LOF corporate houses and also a flower shop that was 2 doors away by that clark gas station. my mom had the antique wicker furniture store there for years. before i was 8 or 9 we lived on Oak st. though. great town to grow up in.

my cell # is 419-461-1484. buz me any time down there.

i think its more like . . . HEY!! HEY!!! . . BEEEEEEEIUCH DREW 'N MIKE RULE!!!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-26-2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Registered

I'll be there 17th - 23rd staying at Duval house.
Never been to Key West, so don't know what to expect.
Of course I know exactly the shop your talking about, I went to grade school at the church/school in the backyard.
I graduated in '89.
It was a good town to grow up in, 3-5 pizza joints, 8-9 bars, a 7/11, and like 8 churches. Not much else in town but the marina.
Last time I was there (about a year ago) it looked like the town was going down a litttle (they closed the 7/11 ).
What did they ever do with the church/school? I know they built that new huge one out on Wales Rd.(?)
I basically grew up on the Maumee and Erie. You guys that are from there and live there don't know how good you've got it. I've lived in Pittsburgh and now in N. Kentucky (right near the Cincinnati Airport). I thought the three river in Pitts. would be cool - well, I was in a pool that was about ten miles from Lock to Lock, no restaurants or bars. I figured in Cin. I'd have the Ohio River, it's not like Pitts. - there's more to do, But it's nothing like having Erie in your backyard. I remeber my then girlfreind(now wife) and I jumping in the boat to run to Detroit for a pizza at Papillo's in Greek town. And Windsor is right on the other side of the river!!! and of course Put-in-Bay

My cell is 859-380-0964, I'm sure we'll meet up at the party.

Hey, Packin - you gonna be there BBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTCH???

Oh and by far, from Toledo to Pittsburgh to Cincinnati, Detroit's WRIF Rocks - BABY!!!!!!!
No other morning show can touch them.

Stress, have a cup of coffee, a Pall Mall, and RELAX!!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

yep that church/school was right in my back yard. i went there as well, evil nuns i graduated in 84 so im guessin we didnt have any of the same classes. that church and school got sold and are now some kind of business dont know exactly what though. when i still lived in Rossford and was bartending at Rens we used to do a thing called the "Rossford Open" we'd go have one or two drinks at every bar in town and at the time there were 12 bars i think, including the bowling alleys, Ukes club and Eagles club. it was usually a rough night. luckily by the time we got up to Dannys and the Polish club we could stumlbe home from there and get the car in the morning . . .ahhhh good times . . good times .

tour not kidd'n about having the great lakes to play in. man i love runnin in the lake. plenty to do and it never gets old
i'll see ya down in the Keys. got your # programed in. hey what the heck is you name anyway or do i just ask for Bouy? oh . . .i'm Bob by the way but must people just call me Dave for short
Old 10-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Registered

How the hell do you come up with "Glassdave" if your name's Bob?
But then again, my alias is "Igor" - my real name is Tim.

And YES, the nuns where mean - the real "bust your knuckle's with a ruler" mean.
Ren's - you lost me on that one - I don't remember a Ren's (maybe there is a reason for that)
My favorite was the "Wayward Inn" - I hope it's still there, and my favorite bartender was Kathy - the middle-aged,pudgy Gal with the dyed red porcupine hair/mullet - but she was a great tarbender
I still miss a good Moe's burger - when I was 16 I had a buddy that was related to the original Moe (nephew) and he cleaned the place on Sunday's - so I'd stop in and have free drinks. That was before Harpo bought the place.
Still a great place!!! (at least it was the last time I left).

Hell,
Rossford, You have two BARS across the street from the high school and a marina 3 blocks away.
I guess I learned alot there, I know how to drink, and I know how to boat!!!

Good times... Good times...

See Ya in Key West my freind.

Oh and BTW - what was your younger sister's name? - maybe I.....Knew her...
Old 10-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

yep the wayward inn is still there and probably the least changed bar there. still have the best Chinese food around. got my first (and only to date) sobriety test in their parking lot. which i passed by the way . i've known harpo for years and he has done pretty well with Moe's. always something going on there. at least so i've heard, i don't really get into the bar stuff as much as i used to. Rens is (or was) the bar on the corner of superior and elm street down by the tracks just at the edge of town. right next door to Bocks place. it was there for years my best friend Matt Romstadt's family owned it.

i was just kid'n. my name actually is Dave and my sis's name is Jen ( what do you know about my sister!! she is a saint and as pure as the undriven snow!! ) oh last name is sikorski by the way.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:45 AM
Registered

Well I only walked (crawled) from Danny's to Moes, stop at the bowling alley, and pass out at the Wayward - some of the stories I have from the Wayward parking lot.... GOOD TIMES! Never made it to Ren's.

A Rossford cop gave you a sobriety check at the Wayward???? WTF??? Usually those guy's are drinking with you.

OK, - better question - how the hell did you pass???

Rest easy - I didn't know a jen sikorski - is she hot?? can you hook me up???