Notices

Trailer Question

Old 11-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Question

I posted this in the cig forum but I am still trying to figure out what to do? I bought a Bullet that has a 2002 eagle (box framed) trailer. I am going to be running the boat in salt water. I would like to know how long it will last if if I flush it every time I use it? I would like to sell the trailer and replace it with an aluminum one but I can't seem to find anyone who is in the market for a decent trailer. It would fit a 28-33 24degree boat.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Registered

Default Re: Trailer Question

I think you might think about advertising it in the Midwest area. These trailers are very popular here, all fresh water. Then replace it with a good aluminum trailer.
I do not know how long before you will have issues, but as you already know, steel trailers + salt water = Problems, at some point. I had one a few years ago, that I would take to Florida on occasion. I would spend allot of time before, treating it with a corrosion preventative, and taping over the drain holes in the trailer beams, to keep from getting water inside the beams, where you can not flush it out. I never had any issues, but it was allot of work. But, I was only in saltwater, once or twice a year. At the time nobody offered aluminum trailers in our area when you bought a new boat. There are plenty now. Your case is quite different, I would suggest considering a different option soon.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Registered

Default Re: Trailer Question

I posted an add in the classifieds and am hoping to find someone in the market! I have not put in the salt water yet as I still don't have it down here. I was just hoping to get some opinions if I don't find anyone who is looking.