Notices

lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Old 11-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Does anyone boat at Lake Murray and know this area good?
Stan
Old 11-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

If you are reffering to Lake Murray SC if so check with mrs.wigginout or phantom1 here on the board they both live there.

Last edited by n2boatn2; 11-03-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cig1988
Does anyone boat at Lake Murray and know this area good?
Stan
I'm here and so are many others, what ya need? You coming in to town? I would be more than happy to help you check out a few places or show you around the area. Just shoot me a PM or post something here. I travel a lot but will be in town a good bit the next few weeks.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by clearcut3
I'm here and so are many others, what ya need? You coming in to town? I would be more than happy to help you check out a few places or show you around the area. Just shoot me a PM or post something here. I travel a lot but will be in town a good bit the next few weeks.

I was checking out real estate at Lake Lanier and was traveling up to Wilmington, NC to see a friend. Noticed LAke Murray on the atlas and decided to check it out Tuesday afternoon. Visited a realtor and started checking some homes on the lake..WOW, I like! The only thing I've noticed the water is down quite a bit. Is this normal?
I saw a new home in Batesville-Saluda county that really caught my attention. I have alot of questions and dont know where to begin. If I gave the location of the cove can anyone tell me how deep it is? How big (acres) is the lake? Can someone refer me to a dock builder for an estimate and will hydro-hoist's work? Just a few questions I can think of but any info would really help.
Stan
Old 11-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cig1988
I was checking out real estate at Lake Lanier and was traveling up to Wilmington, NC to see a friend. Noticed LAke Murray on the atlas and decided to check it out Tuesday afternoon. Visited a realtor and started checking some homes on the lake..WOW, I like! The only thing I've noticed the water is down quite a bit. Is this normal?
I saw a new home in Batesville-Saluda county that really caught my attention. I have alot of questions and dont know where to begin. If I gave the location of the cove can anyone tell me how deep it is? How big (acres) is the lake? Can someone refer me to a dock builder for an estimate and will hydro-hoist's work? Just a few questions I can think of but any info would really help.
Stan
1.) Saluda County taxes will be much lower than other areas on the lake.
2.) The lake is coming back up after some major repairs to the dam.
3.) Jack Wessinger is the man to call about a dock. I can find his number if you would like. Hydro-hoists are allowed and work well.
4.) The lake is 50,000 acres
5.) Many many many beers are consumed on the lake every year, and the DNR patrols are pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Let me know if I can help. I have access to the multiple listing service and can help with your search if you would like.

Mike
Old 11-04-2004, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check these sites out.

LakeMurray.com

lakemurraycountry.com
Old 11-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Phanton!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered

Another thing you need to think about is schools if you have kids because there is a difference. If you don't have kids then it's not a big deal.

Like Phantom said the lake is down but coming back up. When you were here the lake was probably at or a tad above where it normally is in the winter. It is generally dropped some in the winter but then back up to full.

As for docks the first thing to do is find out exactly what it is permitted for first. If it is not permitted for a hydro hoist make sure you make that a stipulation in any contract, "Seller must have approval from SCE&G for (specify what you want in a dock)". Then the seller will go through all of the trouble to get you what you want and it will save you some headaches down the road. Once you have the approval you are good to go.

The one great thing about Lake Murray as opposed to a lot of the other lakes I have been on is the marinas with restaurants and bars. There are places to hang out during the day no matter what mood you are in.

If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help. As far as knowing how deep the cove is that would be a tough one without actually seeing it. If it has good water now...it will only get better.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Registered

Look at the picture below and it will help you realize how far the lake is down.

This is a picture of my dock that was taken just now. The water, when the lake is full, comes all the way up the boat ramp to within 10' of the end of the walkway. The sitting area you see will have water all the way up under it (covering the poles). It will be between 12-14 ft deep off of my floater and about 6' deep under the sitting area.
Attached Thumbnails lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL-p1010015.jpg  
Old 11-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Phantom1
1.) Saluda County taxes will be much lower than other areas on the lake.
2.) The lake is coming back up after some major repairs to the dam.
3.) Jack Wessinger is the man to call about a dock. I can find his number if you would like. Hydro-hoists are allowed and work well.
4.) The lake is 50,000 acres
5.) Many many many beers are consumed on the lake every year, and the DNR patrols are pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Let me know if I can help. I have access to the multiple listing service and can help with your search if you would like.

Mike
Hey Mike, I noticed the Lake was down quite a bit. How often does this happen? I was in Lake Murray Tuesday the 2nd just on a whim. Wish I would have known there was someone on the site w/a MLS service. I am working with a local agent in Irmo and really like the home I saw. If you can get Jack's ph# I would really appreciate it. Any idea what a covered dock will run and what to expect?

Quick Reply: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.