Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New member here (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89962-new-member-here.html)

H20 Toie 11-05-2004 05:55 PM

New member here

I have been lurking here for awhile trying to get info for my next boat. My current boat is a 21' Commander. And after having a boat that was built so poorly with customer service to match, I am looking for a quality boat and it seems that Sunsation fits the bill but even though Cigarettes cost more it appears that the also hold there value. I emailed Cigarette for info on there 30' Vice but have not heard back. I saw a couple of 35' Playboys in the trader but nothing here on the west coast. And since this seems to be the best site for Cig info is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that has a Playboy that wouldn't mine showing it off.
Thanks any and all info is greatly appreciated

Lofty 11-05-2004 06:01 PM

Re: New member here

Welcome to the board! You'll find a few cigs down your way. There's a hot little blonde running around in a sweetazz gladiator. Maybe she'll take you for a spin. :D

Now be nice to him Wasabe!

If a Cig is what you want there are some sweet deals out there. Check out Lucky Stike's boat. Clean!

thedonz 11-05-2004 06:16 PM

welcome H2O,

I saw the Vice at the boat show this past weekend...nice boat....$199k price

I'd shoot for a used TG....there are some nice boats out there right now....good luck

H20 Toie 11-05-2004 06:23 PM

I saw it and there are some sweet boats out here but i want something under 36' and a cabin.
i probably should get a 30' so that i'm under the length limit with my motorhome but at Havisu there is a 36' limit in the channel so that pretty much takes out the Top Guns.
It doesn't matter to me if i have to go to the east coast to buy a boat i just don't want to travel all over the country until i have a better idea of what i want.
There was a 02 35' playboy in the trader that was smokin but they were asking 249k and that seemed high

thedonz 11-05-2004 06:25 PM

you may want to consider a 33 Powerplay...lots of boat for the size

dreamer 11-05-2004 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
not really for sale but i do have my eye on a new one sooooooo
170k will take her and her trailer and the 25k i put in over the winter
PS its the fastest playboy there is 84+mph!!

H20 Toie 11-05-2004 06:44 PM

Dreamer what year is your boat and why did you put 25k into it

dreamer 11-05-2004 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
01 playboy hull #2... 17k in the motors TOTAL rebuild (not freshened)
520hp... interior touch up(ultraleather is VERY fragile)... 4place wired intercom... new stereo cd...epoxy/refinished wood floor... third bolster... illuminated the engine compartment... new labbed five blade props

GLH 11-05-2004 07:07 PM

Welcome to the board!

GLH 11-05-2004 07:08 PM

Welcome to the board h2o!