Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is This Guy A Fraud?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90014-guy-fraud.html)

Manos 11-07-2004 05:02 AM

Is This Guy A Fraud??

Hi to All,

I have a bit of a problem having ordered and paid for some spares I bought from the US from a company that I found over the net called MID TNMARINE (http://www.midtinmarine.com)!
Is a long story but you will probably get the juist of it in the last email that I sent to them yesterday am UK time and since today am UK time again have not received any reply

//////
Sent: 06 November 2004 11:40
To: 'Michael Pewitt'
Subject: Why you do not reply to my emails?? FINAL NOTICE!!
Importance: High

Dear Michael,

This is now the 3rd email and just left you another message over the phone.
I am VERY concerned that you have now debited our Credit Card, you have
advised me that you have sent the spares with BAX Global but you are not
giving me the tracking number to trace them.
I have contacted Bax Global and they have no record of your company.
As I said I am very concerned taht you have no intention of sending any spares to us
and if I do not hear from you within today with details of the tracking number (if the spares that you claim you sent with Bax Global have actually been sent), I am afraid that you leave me no option but to notify VISA about your company and cancel all transactions with you.

Regards
Manos

UNQUOTE
////////////

I would like to ask as I have given the benefit of the doubt to this guy whethet any one of you has dealt with this company and possibly him not repying to my emails is because of a problem and that his company is 100% legit.

However if they are not whethere any one knows how easy is to ask VISA to credit my account back again since this guy has already debited under his compnay name MID TNMARINE and we have not received any godds yet (it has taken over 4 weeks now from ordering and more than 10 days since this person communicated with my saying that he sent the goods by BAX GLOBAL).

Any info much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jassman 11-07-2004 05:13 AM

Re: Is This Guy A Fraud??

I just tried the url you have in your message and it comes up not known. you might try the bbb and see if their are any listed complaints against them.

Good luck,

Sandy

CAP071 11-07-2004 07:03 AM

Same here I get an error message

try this web link

http://www.midtnmarine.com/

Manos 11-07-2004 08:28 AM

The url is http://http://www.midtnmarine.com and the contact details of this guy http://www.midtnmarine.com/contact.htm

Sorry guys I miss-spelled it (with and i between the t and the n).

Manos 11-07-2004 08:38 AM

Yes Corrado I'm about to do that. But since I spoke to this guy (have called the US over 10 time so far) just once I just give him the benefit of the doubt until 'our' am Monday.

He has charged my VISA for about $ 1,700 (this was the order value) as MIDTNMARINE so I think VISA can trace him and I HOPE that I will get my money back

Thanks any way

Manos 11-07-2004 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Corrado
Want me to send some of the boyz over there to get his attention?:D

If he was here in Europe I would have done that. It costs about $100 here for two heavies for an hours work ;)

Manos 11-07-2004 09:05 AM

He did say that he had the jack plate in stock and that he was waiting for the piston rods, crank shaft, low water pick up and flow scan. However, he said to me last week (14 days ago) on another email that WAS posting everything with BAX GLOBAL as he felt the order was very late and he understood my concerns about not having the things in the UK a month after I placed the order. So I assumed that he had received all the parts by then.
However, when I asked him for the tracking number (a week later) he didn't reply. I repeated the email just in case and called him a couple of times and left a message and again no reply.
And as you may appreciate I am quite concerned. I'm sure that when you have a customer you would try to communicate with him in case something was wrong but he hasn't so far. I also contacted today the Chamber of Commerce in Tennessee to see if they know this company or if this company is registered with them and I also contacted a few local radio stations to put it over the air (which they will do). So will give it until tomorrow and I if there is no response will cancel the card. I was told that VISA will do it.

tripps 11-07-2004 03:12 PM

Get visa to pull the $ back,and always use Amercianexpress for all cc exchanges,they will stand behind you all the time,and if they ****you go visit them with some buddies,or else tripps

tripps 11-07-2004 03:16 PM

And if you need some parts like you posted,call trick marine or diamond marine also go to screamandfly.com,lotsa good guys on that site good lluck tripps

Manos 11-07-2004 04:03 PM

Thnaks tipps ;) I'll give these guys a ring.
I just hope that this is expereince is not going to set me back $1700 :(

Manos 11-08-2004 09:52 AM

Problem shorted (I think)

And to put the record straight after I sent another email and also left a message to his answering machine saying that I am canceling the VISA he replied and said

//////////////me and mu wife are at the trade show in vegas, let me call my shipping person to find out whats is goin gon and i will email you back in a few hours/////////////

Well he has a few hours to come up with a reply. Whatever hapens I think this is a very unprofessional outfit that you should all be aware of.

Tantrum 11-08-2004 12:37 PM

At MidTnMarine we are committed to be the #1 supplier of marine parts and accessories through customer satisfaction. We want your visit and shopping experience at MidTnMarine.Com to be enjoyable and we hope you visit us again.
:(

Manos 11-08-2004 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
At MidTnMarine we are committed to be the #1 supplier of marine parts and accessories through customer satisfaction. We want your visit and shopping experience at MidTnMarine.Com to be enjoyable and we hope you visit us again.
:(

I'm glad to hear it :) However so far it hasn't been the case. Has it?

Manos 11-08-2004 04:00 PM

Corrado is some kind of trade show in Vegas. Is/was there one ?
PS Still no Bax Global tracking number. Although I just received an email saying that they are sending the staff with Bax Global and they will pay the additional cost (instead of sending it by US post). But they told me that a week ago.
It all sounds Very Strange to me but I'm being patient

bouyhunter 11-08-2004 04:34 PM

I'm not sure what all you ordered, but I do alot of international shipping and sometimes the exporting and importing process takes awhile. Depending where from and to, and the nature of the goods (many things I ship are Cargo plane only-Haz/Mat).
I was contacted by Fed-Ex today about some Cliche plates I ordered from France that were questioned at Customs. They wanted a better description of what they are, and what they are used for. These are just stainless steel plates with engraving's for a printing press.

Anyway, I hope all goes well and you get your items.

Manos 11-09-2004 02:52 AM

Well I think my ordeal after a month a bit is over. What I have ordered will be in the UK by Friday :)

Have received this email
/////////OK HERE YOU GO THE BAX GLOBAL TRACKING NUMBER IS ............ FOR ALL 3 PKGS, ALSO THEY WILL BE DELIVERD IN YOUR CUSTOMS OFFICE IN YOUR COUNTRY BY 3:30 A.M. FRIDAY MORNING
ON 12TH OF THIS WEEK////////////

Now I will need another jack plate for my other boat in a couple of months time should I try theses guys again? Is just a thought :)

Bouyhunter thanks ;)
What you say about the description of imported goods is very correct. Description of imported goods should be exact and not ambiguous. Knowing that sometimes translating from French in to English does not translate exactly it does not surprises me at all.

ofshore 11-09-2004 09:56 AM

A little info that may help :D

Registrant:
Pewitt, Michael (QFEEVSMVID)
MidTnMarine
1010 Dickens Drive
MOUNT JULIET, TN 37122
US

Domain Name: MIDTNMARINE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Pewitt, Michael (EWDKHJBZOI) [email protected]
MidTnMarine
1010 Dickens Drive
MOUNT JULIET, TN 37122
US
(615) 758-5089

Technical Contact:
Lattanzi, Terry (TL10101) [email protected]
370 Oakley Drive
NASHVILLE, TN 37211
US
615-506-8040 fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 01-Apr-2005.
Record created on 01-Apr-2003.
Database last updated on 9-Nov-2004 10:52:06 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.HOSTSAVE.COM 207.150.196.199
NS2.HOSTSAVE.COM 207.150.197.103

Manos 11-09-2004 10:13 AM

Well have checked with Bax Global and as you can see the parcel is on its way :D

Service Level: Prime
Shipped Date: 08-Nov-2004
Origin: Mount Juliet, TN, US
Destination: GB
PACKAGE INFORMATION
Pieces: 3
09-Nov-2004 08:28 3 Scanned Atlanta Hartsfield, Georgia, US
09-Nov-2004 07:05 2 Arrived Atlanta, Georgia, US
09-Nov-2004 01:30 2 Departed Nashville, Tennessee, US
08-Nov-2004 21:55 2 Scanned Nashville, Tennessee, US
08-Nov-2004 17:29 3 Shipment Labeled Nashville, Tennessee, US
08-Nov-2004 14:00 3 Received Nashville, Tennessee, US

Have to say here that MIDTNMARINE did not charge me extra for the courier service and this is something.
MIDTNMARINE have made every effort possible to rectify this.
For the future what made me very concerned was the lack of communication from their part. If someone had told 'listen mate there is a cock up with the couriers and we are shorting it out and kept me informed' I wouldn't be worried. However, when I see that my messages or my telephone calls from the UK to the USA are not answered and the staff I have ordered a month (plus) ago has not turned up and I have never dealt with that company before neither I have any history I get concerned. Actually, I GET VERY CONCERNED.
As it turn out to be evrything is OK and is a lesson for all to be learned.

glassdave 11-09-2004 10:27 AM

Manos i believe the SEMA show was in Vegas the last week and that is a very big show. the industries largest. its possible that story is correct but dosent really justify the lack of service. at any rate its good that they are getting this taken care of.

Manos 11-09-2004 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I was contacted by Fed-Ex today about some Cliche plates I ordered from France that were questioned at Customs. They wanted a better description of what they are, and what they are used for. These are just stainless steel plates with engraving's for a printing press. Anyway, I hope all goes well and you get your items.

It doesn't supprise me at all boyhunter as sometimes translating from French in to English is not exact and can creat complications. Any way it looks like I get the spares after all. Thanks

Galssdave thanks. Fortunately this story has a 'happy ending' :)

bouyhunter 11-09-2004 04:57 PM

Manos,
I'm glad to hear you're getting your items.
I have some horror stories from int'l shipping of Haz/Mat goods...
Once a month I ship 3 gallons of a special resin that I mix at our site to our facility in Portugal ( one of the components is not allowed into Europe in the raw form but is more stable when mixed with the others). The resin is mixed and put into containers. It then leaves our site by courier to a Int'l Haz/Mat packaging Co. Then is transported to our local exporter. It then Fly's to Chicago for Documentation. It leaves Chicago and fly's to France (because it can only be brought into Portugal by truck, not air). It's then trucked into Portugal, and I think Luis and Jaun pick it up in their mule driven wagon to get it to the actual Labratory in Portugal. Oh, by the way, it had to go through Customs a few times during this exchange.
It's nearly a month long process for this shipment.
We once shut down the facilty in Portugal because of a shipping problem as well as the fact I signed the documents in Black ink instead of Blue (Black is reproducable by copy).
Unfortunately - I began preparing the shipment today so that I can make the shipment before I leave for Key west - If anything goes wrong this time...

Just glad to hear that everything is working out for you.

Manos 11-10-2004 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
..............It's nearly a month long process for this shipment.
..............Unfortunately - I began preparing the shipment today so that I can make the shipment before I leave for Key west - If anything goes wrong this time...
Just glad to hear that everything is working out for you.

It sounds very complicated. Good luck this time. Key West OSO PArty sounds great. Is uinfortunate that we are just too far away from the US.
Thanks, all has been shorted.

mcollinstn 11-10-2004 08:29 AM

I just caught wind of this thread. Sorry it took me so long.
MtJuliet, TN is only 20 miles out of my way. I would be happy to drop by that address and beat on doors, show copies of this thread, and otherwise cause them some hassle. BUT it sounds like it has been resolved.

SEMA is Huuuuuuge. Several of my guys just flew back in late Monday night from it. Doesn't excuse the lack of response or why your package didn't go out before they left for the show. But glad you got it resolved.

Your choice if you want to deal with them again. If their prices are cheap, then you may want to give it a try again. If you do, and have any concerns, let me know cause they are close enough for me to drive over there.

(I've never heard of them until now, though)
mc

Manos 11-10-2004 08:38 AM

WOW Thanks MC. They are cheap. Actually this is the reason I ordered from them, because they were cheaper than others.
Now I know there is someone willing to give them a buzz in case something's gone wrong will definitely get another jack plate from them.
Cheers ;)

PS Incidently has any one heard of these guys before?

http://www.stainlessmarine.com/jack.html

The jacks that they are selling are quite expenssive but from what some mates tell me because they are SS from top to bottom they last longer in racing. Any thoughts?

MadMat 11-10-2004 08:48 AM

Cookee already answered that question for you on rib.net a month ago.

The lifters from Stainless Marine are aluminium - Stainless Marine is the name of the company!
:eureka:

Manos 11-10-2004 08:50 AM

I know MadMat but since his broke and it was made by SS I am checking for a 2nd opinion. These systems cost over $2K and an aluminium is abvout $600. So just making sure thatif I'm to spend over $2K I make the right decision. Is that wrong?

Manos 11-17-2004 05:42 AM

If you are interested to know what happened parts were all delivered to me today!!
HURAHHHHH! :D

Manos 01-29-2005 05:08 AM

Tantrum do you know when Mr Michael Pewitt of MIDTNMARINE will be sending me these spares I've ordered since Dec 2004??? and also the next lot that he promissed it would be leaving your place yesterday???
You say:

At MidTnMarine we are committed to be the #1 supplier of marine parts
UNQUOTE

and my question to you is: which supplier of marine parts takes money from a credit card in December 2004 and does not send them where he suppose to a month later??

I am seriously getting P...OFF with you lot and before I take any other action I need a reply TODAY to the emails I have sent and the message I left in your answering machine!!!

Audiofn 01-29-2005 06:41 AM

Man this still has not been settled? I would just cansel the charge and be done with this clown. That sucks, I hate people like that.

Jon

hugetime1 01-29-2005 06:49 AM

there is a phone # on the site, why don't you call tham

Manos 01-29-2005 06:52 AM

No actually what happened was that i received two shipments OK after a lot of time but I did get the goods. Now after all the apologies from MIDTNMARINE I thought that ......... OK this happened once and will not happen again. BUT HELL!! TheY promised to me yesterday that what I had ordered would be shipped to me by yesterday and that, that would be it. Have sent emails yesterday also sent 3-4 emails today, called the US from the UK this morning, I know they saw my emails but did I get any reply????
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I explained to them before I confirmed the second order that I needed this staff NOW as I have bought tickets, booked hotels and made arrangements to go to Italy next week and fit everything on my boat. They said YES and also promised that it would be sent yesterday. But did I get a USPS tracing number???
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I can't believe that people who want to have business work like that.
Well I can't believe that I ordered staff again from them ............. but that's my sorry fault.
If any one can go to see these people see where they are and what they do would be great. Just to see if this is a real shop or not!
Is very frustrating.

Manos 01-29-2005 06:52 AM

I called them they don't answer. They have the answering machine on

Audiofn 01-29-2005 06:56 AM

Still very early in the AM over hear. I am on the east coast and it is just getting to 8am and it is Saturday so they may not have hours today.

Jon

Manos 01-29-2005 07:00 AM

OK but they suppose to have done it yesterday, and send me the USPSS tracing number aslo yesterday. THEY DIDN'T!!.

Manos 01-29-2005 08:50 AM

If any one can help i would appreciate it. As it stands right now and since I heard nothing from these people so far, I stand to lose over $1000!!

mcollinstn 01-29-2005 09:10 AM

I'll drop by and pay a visit. Probably Tuesday before I can do so, butI'll get the story.

Manos 01-29-2005 09:14 AM

Many Thanks MC !!!
............and please let everyone one know what is what!!!

Manos 01-29-2005 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
......and just got this message. However, checked the number and is not in the system. Aparently according to Michael it will show up on Monday. HMMMMM, will have to see.

Sent: 29 January 2005 16:02
To: BLUE ISLAND HOLIDAYS TRADING ALSO AS BOATMAD HOLIDAYS LTD
Subject: Re: WHAT HAPPENED?? I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!

im about to have anxiety attack over this

tracking number is ed26.......85us

be there on wedensday thursday latest

michael
----- Original Message -----
From: BLUE ISLAND HOLIDAYS TRADING ALSO AS BOATMAD HOLIDAYS LTD
To: 'Michael Pewitt'
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 2:23 AM
Subject: WHAT HAPPENED?? I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!

Michael please let me know ASAP today what is going on.
This is not a way to treat clients!!
If you can’t post the spares today and you do not get me a USPS tracing number
I am afraid that you leave no option but to call VISA and cancel the payments for both spares.
Thanks