Hello everyone...here is an update on me >

Hello everyone...here is an update on me

Notices

Hello everyone...here is an update on me

Old 11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello everyone...here is an update on me

"Not to be pompous, stuck up or consceeded, but I wanted to share with you a little on my progress and a set back I had. "

First off, don't be a goof. You're not being pompous. You know we're all very concerned about you and we genuinely want to know how you're doing.

I'm really sorry to hear of the most recent events, and I truly hope that everything is okay.

You mentioned that you got out of the hospital last week (if I have that right) and you thought you were going back to work this week? Please tell me I'm overtired over here. I noticed a lack of saying that you were cleared by the doctors to go to work.

I really wonder if you're rushing this a little. Shane, really...slow down, do it once and do it right.

This isn't like a quickie where you end up with the same end result as you do if you take your time. (gonna try to relate to you on a level you'll get really quick )

Shane, do it once and do it right. Don't try to do things too fast. You know how greatful you are for Kristen...she's important to you. Guess what, you're important to her. Take some of that new compassion and understanding and apply it to yourself immediately. And that's the only thing you should do fast for a few more weeks.

relax..it will happen.

As for the panic attacks. Been there. Suck don't they? Sorry you went through that.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:23 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Shane,

I've been keeping you in my prayers everyday. Sorry to hear about the set backs.

The Docs will take good care of you. Just do what they say. You know you have us all here for any inspirational support.

We will not let you down!

Keep up on your recovery!

Good luck and get well!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-07-2004, 10:05 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay strong brother...recovery is a process that can't be hurried in order for it to be lasting.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sean & Terra
Old 11-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Registered

Shane, Glad your still here...take it slow.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

take it slow . don't rush things. try some chronic ali g style for the upset tummy it always works for me. Now where do i get one o those karts? peace out
Old 11-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Shane, like the others have said, healing is a slow process. Please, please don't rush it. I know inactivity is a b!tch, but sometimes you just have to ride it out. Laughter, prayer, and Kristen by your side will work wonders. Take care and feel free to talk to any of us anytime.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear you're still feeling bad. Hope you hear good news from the Dr. Tue.

Keep us up to date.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it slow and easy buddy!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Just keep on it, don't take anything for granted and check all "strange" feelings. Kristen is strong, don't even think about it, she would be far better with these setbacks than the alternative. I sure wish I was closer and could help but you have plenty of Family and OSO folks near by. I had a panic attach after an MRI once, man was that a scare, I swear it was a hear attach but the tests say no. Just hang in there and by all means tell us; talking it out is the best form of therepy. I had never had a panic attach, I know it was a combination of my Divorce, the tube and thinking I needed surgery for my back. I didn't but it was a mountian of worry that caused it. Hang tough, I am here for ya, just let me know how I can help. Good thing old yeller is around, they can feel these things and I bet she is great comfort (second to your wife of course ) Keep her close, just petting her can reduce a ton of stress, If I didn't have mine I would be a wreck. Here she is to help you remember
What a great picture Mitch! Zoe sure does make me feel better! Gonna snow snow snow today!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Shane,

Don't worry about the panic attack. I got whiplash in a car accident about six months ago. It still has not fully healed. I was reading about what can go wrong with your neck on the web because I still had pain, how the nerves for the entire lower body pass through the vertebrae, can get pinched, and can require surgery. Next thing I knew, I was extremely light headed, and had to make a quick exit to the bathroom, because I thought I was going to throw up. This happened to me, and my situation was far less serious than yours. I have a theory that mechanical kinds of guys like us, are not too use to this "body stuff". Fixing a body is not like fixing a boat.

Also, do whatever you can to get your spirits up. It has been proven that the body heals much faster when you have a positive outlook. Turn on the comedy channel, review fun times in your life, talk to friends, pray, have friends pray for you...I know it sounds silly, but it has been shown to work. The mind is very powerful.

Good luck! We're pulling for you!

Michael
Thanks for the kind words Michael.

Quick Reply: Hello everyone...here is an update on me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.