Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: How many of you own ex-drug running Boats

How much gas do we have?
Old 11-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What makes you think it was "stolen". That is like the guy that hit and runs an old lady in an intersection.... then about an hour later... the owner just happens to call the police to report his car "missing"..........
Old 11-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ours wasnt a drug runner, but original owner was the Mortician for the county just north, lake he ran it on claimed that he had embalmed it. No bodies have been found in it, at this time.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

bought my 79 cig mistress from a dude in the seattle area, dont know if it was a runner in the day.. but i got it home and during the clean out process found a half lb of hydro stashed in the bilge. can u say cool beans? the only downside, i got so stoned that 2000 hp sounded rational....
Old 11-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie

Not a 'drugrunner', but this 30' Corsa rigged w/ triple 300 Johnsons was allegedly built to run guns from Florida to Cuba. (made two trips before the guy was shot in a Florida harbour) It was built with a complete 'second' watertight hull beneath the cockpit floor, the logic being, if the hull was breached with a surface to surface missile (apparently the Cuban officials use them to take away the gangstas 'happy thoughts') they could still get to shore to make their getaway.

Very unique construction, I've pulled some of the top and bottom floors up but haven't found any 'booty', as of yet.

I posted a thread on this 1986 Corsa previously, I'll see if I can dig it up and post some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails How many of you own ex-drug running Boats-corsa8.jpg  
Old 11-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: How many of you own ex-drug running Boats

What I have heard from some racers from the late 70's to early 80's is that Cigarette was the boat of choice for that field of employment.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a couple boats that are in West Michigan that were bought off DEA auctions in the early 80's havent seen them latley but I know they are here.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

In place of boats with "questionable" pasts, how about more on the ex-DEA/CIA/SEALS boats.
We've had threads on here about the ones sitting in scrap yards and such. But what of those that are back in operation again?
F&PB had a short piece on one named "CLASSIFIED" but no real story as to where it was found or past history. I believe there is still one for sale. I see it once in a while on E-Bay and other places.
Attached Thumbnails How many of you own ex-drug running Boats-seals1-1.jpg   How many of you own ex-drug running Boats-seals4-1.jpg   How many of you own ex-drug running Boats-seals6.jpg  

Last edited by Iggy; 11-08-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Registered

I looked at an old Cigarette Awesome once that looked like it was riddled wiuth bullet holes down one side....whoever did the glas repair wasnt very good

There has been an old Cig in boat trader several times that is blue with black bottom paint

the ad stated something like 3 man bolster, no cabin extra fuel storage, extra large custom deck hatches....cash only no checks
Old 11-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What I have heard from some racers from the late 70's to early 80's is that Cigarette was the boat of choice for that field of employment.
Don was playing both sides of the fence. Built them for both runners and Agents.

Quick Reply: How many of you own ex-drug running Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.