How many of you own ex-drug running Boats >

How many of you own ex-drug running Boats

Notices

How many of you own ex-drug running Boats

Old 11-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How many of you own ex-drug running Boats

Iggy, the Classified boat you are talking about is owned by a guy in Canada...he has had it at PIB several times its a bad azz setup I belive it had 750 Sterlings and 3a's the owner is a member h=on here although I cant remember his name.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the Classified boat you are talking about is owned by a guy in Canada...the owner is a member on here although I cant remember his name.
Had no idea.
Wonder if he'll post some info on his ride.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The actual name of the boat is "DE-CLASSIFIED" recently written about on a poker run up north by Powerboat Mag. Also is listed for sale in their classifieds
Old 11-08-2004, 10:57 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
There has been an old Cig in boat trader several times that is blue with black bottom paint

the ad stated something like 3 man bolster, no cabin extra fuel storage, extra large custom deck hatches....cash only no checks
36ft wide beam.
This boat sold a few weeks ago... supposedly to a Cigarette collector for 20K.
The boat had a 2nd set of "engine hatches" between the bolsters and real engine hatches and no interior.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Friend of mine got one. It is a 1982 Veloce. Boat is built EXTREMELY well. Boat has 7 gas tanks It was at one point rigged for twins but when he purchased it it had tripples. It was busted and then a doctor in Florida purchased it, then a guy in Texas purchased it from him at an estate auction and moved to Maine. My buddy has had it ever since. Anyone know anything about Veloce?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
What makes you think it was "stolen". That is like the guy that hit and runs an old lady in an intersection.... then about an hour later... the owner just happens to call the police to report his car "missing"..........
Anyone that knew this boat especially the owner would know that it was too slow. It is just really wide with a big cabin.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How a bout a 39' Squadron 12. (Sort of a Cig). A friend of mine bought it a LONG time ago from the "SALE" . The traded it a few years ago for an air plane . The boat is around 1979-1980... Nothing in it but 3 standup bolsters . NIce and light to carry the "LOAD" ! They say when it was stopped , it was FULL from front to back ,floor to ceiling ! The funny thing is ,it only has stock 400" small blocks for power ! No wonder they got caught ! The boat only did about 50mph empty ! Here is a picture someone else took of it this year . Hope they don't mind me posting it . It doesn't like like the owner loves it much ....
Attached Thumbnails How many of you own ex-drug running Boats-xii_1.jpg  
Old 11-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is DannyD to talk about his "weed wagon"?
Old 11-08-2004, 12:26 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I called the maunacturer of my boat, (Howard Harley). I asked what was up with all the vent pipes going down to the props. I wanted to remove them. He said that they were added after the boat would not get on plane during the orginal sea trial.

He said that he had built it as a utulity boat for two Cubans from Miami. It was spec'ed out to cruise at 30mph and carry 15,000 lbs with long range. It was then loaded with 15,000lbs of sand bags during sea trials, would not get on plane had to add vents to props when it was loaded to get it on top. It was originally powered with triple diesels and surface drives with approx 600mi range, (900 gal tanks).
He bought it back at a Marshals auction, (imagine that) converted it to pleasure use and installed twin gas power. This all came from the guy who built the boat.

I also noticed that the water line is about 10" higher than it should be. Howard would not come out and say that they were hauling dope with this boat. He just kept saying that they were in "The Funny Business" I guess you can draw your own conclusion.

And no there is no secret compartment full of drugs!!

Steve H
Old 11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember seeing huge deck hatch on a 1978 28ft Cigarette once while at a race. I asked the owner and he said that all the cigarettes "back in the day" had these large deck hatches, he heard that a bail of dope fit inside perfectly!!!

Things that make you go, humm

Quick Reply: How many of you own ex-drug running Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.