need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

Notices

need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

Old 11-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

as far as the stink, I think it got repo'ed before she had a chance to smear her royal stinkiness in it...

Anybody know whether it saw much abuse (I'm not real sure exactly how you can abuse an MTI with sixes...)?
Old 11-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.Bourgets.com
Old 11-09-2004, 10:00 AM
big cat

The Truth Is I Bought Rogers Boat Jokers Wild A 46 Skater Then Traded It In On A 42 Scism At Lakecumberland Randy Is The Best.

I Love My 42 But The Truth Is The Boat Has Never Ran Its Advertised Speed The Problem Is It Is A Heavy Boat And The Hull Is Really Only 39 Feet Long With A 42 Foot Deck The Ride Is Like No Other In Its Size Any Qustians Call Me386-871-6503

Old 11-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Registered

Don't know any stink on the boat, but I do know that at one point, after the eikerts were installed it was at Randy's without motors. I heard a rumor as to why but don't
know if it is true so I will leave it at that.
I am curios about the speeds though.Like who was setting the boat up.Teens to 130+.That is a lot to gain unless you were really off to start with, and I know Randy Scism would be very close the first time time out.
Not trying to be Neg, just curios because I have don quite a bit of dialing in on mine with Randy and Gary's help.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

Big cat ,just wonding if you were going to do the Key West run. Would love to see you new boat, the pics looked great. I talked to Bob in Ft. Lauderdale, and he said your boat was running better.We will be doing the Thu. Departure with my boat, Hopefully, It is suppose to be done with new paint today and head down on Monday. Hope to see you there.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

what happened to the red cat he had in Destin with the Ben franklin on the side?
Old 11-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

He traded it in on this boat!! Sean is a maniac!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a big fan of theme paint jobs, but Big Cat's is badazz.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Went to see boat today. Nice boat. Used boat for sure, but appears to be very lightly used.

Motors out at Randy's? If it was at Randy's, then it must've been when it partially sunk behind Bourget's house. Supposedly a loose hose. Water never made it to the valve covers, as the story goes, but went and got a "strip and fix" on the engine room goodies along with new engine wiring harnesses. Bourget seems very defensive about this question and claims it was nowhere as bad as people have made it out to be. He only sent it for the work to be safe. He's probably shooting straight there. If the boat with the motors out was NEAR Randy's at Competition Marine, then it was probably the "replacement" boat with the 575's. Identical boat except for power and drives.

Teens to thirties? Yep. Initial owner did see low 120's on it before he sold out of it, but rev limiters were the problem (props). Boat did run low 130's with the original Sterlings per Randy, but no, it never ran the 140 that was promised (and a few dollars were withheld for that reason).

Thanks for the help.
Saw about a zillion dollars worth of hardware today at Randy Hartman's place. Lots of premium iron there.

Friend is seriously contemplating the Bourget boat.
Now looking for a buyer for his low-hour 2003 with 575's and BMaxes. Low teens with Herings.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Registered

I was afraid I may have not stated the missing motor thing well. It was the #6 boat, but I meant Randy Hartman.The rumor I heard had nothing to do with boat though.If Jimmy buys the boat will he take it to Key West. I always like to see more MTI's out on the water.
We will be doing the Thur. Departure.
If he doesn't buy this boat, please remind him mine is still for sale. I have not Advertized it yet as I am waiting for the new paint for the pics, Should pic it up Wed. or Thur.

Quick Reply: need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.