need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

Notices

need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

Old 11-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Default need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

My friend originally purchased the 42 MTI/Fountain that was subsequently bught by Julie Sullivan and then by Roger Bourget.

My friend had the boat painted and then got an offer for it at a profit before he ever had a chance to bring it home. Several factors were involved with his decision to bail, one being that the insurance was so high that he just refused to pay that much on principal. Another being that while the boat (with 1000 Sterlings and drysump Sixes) was supposed to run over 130, it kept coming back running in the teens because "it still needed more prop". After several promises that it would break 130 next run out and it still ran in the teens, he decided to take the profitable offer and order a new one with 575's and Bravos because it was promised to run in the low teens and be a "stocker" that was reliable.

He has regretted that choice ever since. The 575 boat has run in the teens but only very lightly loaded. With a normal load, it won't get on that last step...
Supposedly Sullivan had the boat only long enough to pull the Sterlings and replace them with EFI Eickert 1000's. Boat supposedly got dialed in and has run well over 130 consistently. Rumor has it that Sullivan lost the boat back to the dealer (for payment issues) and Roger Bourget ended up with it.

THEN the story has it that Bourget's local lake has a size restriction of 37 feet or something and the first time out, he was stopped and given a ticket. And that was the only time he ran the boat...

I know Bourget has a 40 Skater, so the lake restriction story kind of smells fishy. I imagine that Bourget's "friends" probably got a lot of use out of the boat...

We are going tomorrow to Cumberland to look at the boat (me & the original owner).

Does anybody know any dirt on this boat? Seems like this group can uncover the real story on just about anything.

Please advise. We leave at 6am.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts
Default Re: need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

First, the size thing sounds about right. I assume he was ticketed on Havasu. He frequents there alot and there is a size limitation in the channel that they have been enforcing on big weekends pretty firmly for the last season or two (we got booted in a Tiger in Ocotober).

Second, call Bourget in Phoenix Arizona and ask him anything you want. He's very approachable from what I'm told. If you need I can get you in contact with him. I have a freind that's good friends with him.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

the sloppy joe , jokers wild skater.??? i thought the liquid metal skater was a 36??
Old 11-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be pretty hard to get the stink out of the upholstery.........
Old 11-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

chubby motorsports has it in daytona... he owns the BADEST stripclub ever!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:25 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweet ride... Is this it?

That Sullivan chick could mess up a glass of water.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, that's it.

What's this about chubby owning it? I thought chubby had a 42 with skeleton heads all over it (Jokers Wild?).

What about the stink?

And maybe Bourget's boat is a 36 Skater. That would make more sense.

Bourget has already spoken about the boat. Just looking for more third party info. You know, dirt.. The kind of thing you want to know before you try to negotiate a purchase..
Old 11-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seans boat is not the same boat as Julie Stunkavan's.......
Old 11-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
THEN the story has it that Bourget's local lake has a size restriction of 37 feet or something and the first time out, he was stopped and given a ticket. And that was the only time he ran the boat...
I can guarantee he ran it more than once. It was in pictures in poker runs all over the place from Lake Mead on down. As far as the size deal, I don't buy that either. 36' is the limit in the channel in Havasu, but from what I've seen it's rarely enforced unless you're asking for it, and perhaps on really busy weekends. Hell, they even showed him running the Joker's Wild boat, I believe at Lake Pleasant, when he was on the Discovery Channel for the Biker Buildoff.

I believe his new one is at least a 40' as well, if not bigger. He had 3 or 4 big boats for a while. The one in question sat on his bike lot he had in Mesa (east of Phoenix) for quite some time.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Only differences in this Bourget boat and his current 575/Bmax boat are:

575/Bmax......................................... vs ..............1000EFI Eickert/Drysump Sixes
Switchable exhaust under platform......vs............. drystack Stellings out the back of platform
Yellow steering wheel.......................vs................whit e wheel
color matched sundeck pads .............vs................white pads
gray bed....................................vs......... ...........blue ish bed
one owner 90 hrs .................. vs ..................... several including Julie Sullivan

aside from that, they are the same boat... Same paint (he really liked it so he copied it).

Quick Reply: need info on Bourget's (Sullivan's) 42 MTI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.