November Boating on Lake Travis >

November Boating on Lake Travis

Notices

Old 11-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just spent the weekend on Lake Travis in Austin, TX. The weather report said thunderstorms all weekend. But, I figured what do they know. I didn't feel a drop of rain all weekend. Low 80s daytime, low 60s night.

I'm going next weekend while I still can. I don't care what the weather man says. Anyone boating next weekend on Travis?

Brent
Old 11-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: November Boating on Lake Travis

Not unless I launch the Formula with a Paddle! Still motorless or I'd join you. Maybe I cam kayak? I envy thee.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Registered

Formula 78

Unless there is a freeze, tornado or the boat problems I'll be there next weekend. If you want to go out on the boat for a while give me a call. The people I usually hang out with there are staying home so it's just me and the wife, Lisa. My boat is with Bob at Full Throttle Marina right now for a couple of minor issues. I plan on leaving San Antonio about 3:00 on Friday. I plan on launching it before it gets dark at Yacht Harbor (Aunt Tilly's). If I get held up and it gets dark on me I may wait and splash it Sat am.

Brent

[email protected]
Old 11-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bford1
Formula 78

Unless there is a freeze, tornado or the boat problems I'll be there next weekend. If you want to go out on the boat for a while give me a call. The people I usually hang out with there are staying home so it's just me and the wife, Lisa. My boat is with Bob at Full Throttle Marina right now for a couple of minor issues. I plan on leaving San Antonio about 3:00 on Friday. I plan on launching it before it gets dark at Yacht Harbor (Aunt Tilly's). If I get held up and it gets dark on me I may wait and splash it Sat am.

Brent

[email protected]

I may have to take you up on that! Although, I think that launching before dark on Friday may be a bit ambitious due to the recent time change. But maybe not (since you are not towing from San Anotnio). I'll talk to you about it as it gets closer to the weekend as I am in L.A. right now. My flight is scheduled to land in Austin 2:00pm Friday but you know how air travel can go .
Old 11-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im going to try and go friday night. If your going let me know and well meet up.

Jason
Old 11-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Weather

I think I'm done for the year. For me, it's time to put up the boat and break out the Harley.

Highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's... We call that "Leather Weather".

Gone ridin'

Weather Forecast for Austin
Old 11-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Leather Weather

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
I think I'm done for the year.
Im down to a couple times left, but ill keep going till a freeze comes in and i have to winterize
Old 11-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Registered

I am hoping to still have a few nice weekends. The weather was great this last weekend despite what the weather reports said would happen.

Clay - Highs in 60s and lows in 40s? Is that what they're saying about next weekend? I haven't watched the weather yet. I can certainly boat in the 60s. But, if it's in the 40s we'll be sleeping in the house and not the boat.

Jason and Formula 78. My cell phone is 210-887-1766. I'd say the chances are about 90% that I'll be splashing the boat Friday night. Even if it is dark putting it in the water is easy. It's taking it out that's a b*tch. Give me a call Friday and let's get together.

Brent
Old 11-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bford1
Jason and Formula 78. My cell phone is 210-887-1766. I'd say the chances are about 90% that I'll be splashing the boat Friday night. Even if it is dark putting it in the water is easy. It's taking it out that's a b*tch. Give me a call Friday and let's get together.

Brent
Heck, I've boated in the 40's before and it was great! You get the lake to yourself . Count me in! 512-659-0981 (cell)
Old 11-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brent, was that you in the 20 year old 35?

I was the guy who asked you what year it was when you launched her. Sweet ride BTW!

Quick Reply: November Boating on Lake Travis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.