Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Let Me Tell You About My Stinkin Day!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90455-let-me-tell-you-about-my-stinkin-day.html)

mobilecal 11-14-2004 04:07 PM

Let Me Tell You About My Stinkin Day!!!!!!!!!

So I test drive the BAJA today and was in it only for 30-40 mins when the engine overheated and we were going to head back to the launch when all of the sudden I lost 1000rpms and the motor dies!!!!! Now we are stuck in the middle of the lake with no one out today and had to make tons of calls. Well I feel really bad for my friend he comes to pick us up and his 2001 Active had motor problems.. Now when we tryed to recrank and it ran for ABOUT 1 min when all of the sudden you could tell it threw a rod.. Just my luck.. Well if that wasnt bad enough we started taking on water.

We were in the lake for about 3 hrs before any one showed. Now not only did the motor blow and we were taking on water,, BUT THE DEGUM BILGE PUMPS DIDNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Now the engine compartment is half full and water in the cabin...We still dont see a boat in sight.... Finally 6 hours later the boat was on the trailer and rolling back home.......

SO HOW MUCH IS THIS BOAT WORTH NOW WITH NO ENGINE OR DRIVE?????????

Let me tell you,,,,, it was a nightmare...

I guess the only positive thing is at least it happened before I bought it :cool:

JCPERF 11-14-2004 04:15 PM

Re: Let Me Tell You About My Stinkin Day!!!!!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mobilecal
So I test drive the BAJA today and was in it only for 30-40 mins when the engine overheated and we were going to head back to the launch when all of the sudden I lost 1000rpms and the motor dies!!!!! Now we are stuck in the middle of the lake with no one out today and had to make tons of calls. Well I feel really bad for my friend he comes to pick us up and his 2001 Active had motor problems.. Now when we tryed to recrank and it ran for 1 min when all of the sudden you could tell it threw a rod.. Just my luck.. Well if that wasnt bad enough we started taking on water.

We were in the lake for about 3 hrs before any one showed. Now not only did the motor blow and we were taking on water,, BUT THE DEGUM BILGE PUMPS DIDNT WATER!!!!!!!!!!

Now the engine compartment is half full and water in the cabin...We still dont see a boat in sight.... Finally 6 hours later the boat was on the trailer and rolling back home.......

SO HOW MUCH IS THIS BOAT WORTH NOW WITH NO ENGINE OR DRIVE?????????

Let me tell you,,,,, it was a nightmare...

I guess the only positive thing is at least it happened before I bought it :cool:

See if the guy will trade for a clump of this. :D :D :D

yss 11-14-2004 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by mobilecal

Your lucky day!

mobilecal 11-14-2004 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by yss
Your lucky day!

i GUESS IT WAS IN A SENSE HUH????? :evilb:

US1 Fountain 11-14-2004 04:45 PM

Did you run it on the trailer before launching? Was the boat owner with you?

mobilecal 11-14-2004 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Did you run it on the trailer before launching? Was the boat owner with you?

I did run it on the trailer for about 10 mins before I ever left.

I advised the wife whom is responsible for the boat, of the things that I had found wrong with the boat and she told me to test the boat....

JnT 11-14-2004 04:56 PM

I would have come and got ya'll in my fishing boat.What lake? Hate to hear of your bad fortune. Better it happened now before you bought it.

Pure Energy 11-14-2004 04:56 PM

I would take that as a sign not to buy it!!! :D

JCPERF 11-14-2004 04:59 PM

Should of got on some elses boat and let it sink so some poor soul besides yourself doesnt have the same misery.

mobilecal 11-14-2004 05:20 PM

well here is what I was thinking...... Offer the bank 10K, (repo boat) get a loan for 30K and that gives me 20K to put back into the boat... #1 priority.....496HO brand spankin shiny new out of the crate.... and another 10K for additional repairs and paint job.;........end result...... NEW BOAT IN 6 MONTHS...

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK HONESTLY