Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another Marine Insurance Story (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90506-another-marine-insurance-story.html)

GLH 11-15-2004 03:39 PM

Another Marine Insurance Story

Called my insurance Co to get the binder for our trip to Florida... Great American... Looks like they should be called Great American Except Florida....

"We do not issue variance binders on those Performance Boat policies any more Mr. Harvie" ... Well Thank You for being so accommodating on the coverage valid till next February....

"Hello Sy Golberg from Total Dollar Marine insurance"
"Sy... G.L. on the phone mind giving me a quote..." 2 minute conversation follows...

15 minutes go by

"G.L. ...Sy here do this and that" and your all set....
The this and that was like picking my nose an rubbing one out which took 20 seconds and crisis averted and the policy was less expensive by enough to pay for the PR fee!!! compared to last year policy.

Thank you Sy. And I will have a beer for you in sunny warm Florida (as you prescribed) while admiring the warm turquoise waters of the Keys hopefully getting an eyeful of uncovered racks. (as I prescribe)

waterheater 11-15-2004 03:55 PM

Re: Another Marine Insurance Story

Originally Posted by GLH
Called my insurance Co to get the binder for our trip to Florida... Great American... Looks like they should be called Great American Except Florida....

"We do not issue variance binders on those Performance Boat policies any more Mr. Harvie" ... Well Thank You for being so accommodating on the coverage valid till next February....

"Hello Sy Golberg from Total Dollar Marine insurance"
"Sy... G.L. on the phone mind giving me a quote..." 2 minute conversation follows...

15 minutes go by

"G.L. ...Sy here do this and that" and your all set....
The this and that was like picking my nose an rubbing one out which took 20 seconds and crisis averted and the policy was less expensive by enough to pay for the PR fee!!! compared to last year policy.

Thank you Sy. And I will have a beer for you in sunny warm Florida (as you prescribed) while admiring the warm turquoise waters of the Keys hopefully getting an eyeful of uncovered racks. (as I prescribe)

Does that mean i get those $$$ back i already gave you? :D :D

MitchStellin 11-15-2004 05:40 PM

I used Sy, great service and price. He is a class act and knows his $hit. Have fun down there GL.

Biggus 11-15-2004 06:01 PM

Sy is the best in the business.

Been with him since 1992.

Kurt

PhantomChaos 11-15-2004 06:12 PM

Sy = Straight shooter and no nonsense!

EvilTwin 11-22-2004 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos

I agree.

lucky strike 11-22-2004 12:38 PM

Sy is the guy to see, I agree.

Lucky Strike

Audiofn 11-22-2004 12:45 PM

You know he does not give you a discount for dropping down on you knee's don't you? Oh and no nonsence? Have you see his posts :D:D

sy goldberg 11-22-2004 01:37 PM

I am no nonsense on the phone,it's when my evil twin appears on OSO that the problems begin. :drink: :drink:

Panther 11-22-2004 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
I am no nonsense on the phone,it's when my evil twin appears on OSO that the problems begin. :drink: :drink:

I must say that Sy did the best for me and my "new-to-me" 36' Apache as well!