Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I see the National Marine boats have hit Ebay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90542-i-see-national-marine-boats-have-hit-ebay.html)

32 thunder 11-16-2004 03:59 AM

I see the National Marine boats have hit Ebay

I just saw these on ebay number 4504717258 I just thought maybe I was the first to see it is there a thread on this already??

29scarab 11-16-2004 04:07 AM

Re: I see the National Marine boats have hit Ebay

This might be a lil' easier. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4504717258

32 thunder 11-16-2004 04:32 AM

Thanks, well whats the scoop on these boats???

29scarab 11-16-2004 05:29 AM

What I've heard is the bank is trying liquidate them to recover some of their money. Thier are some locked up in litigation and some the buyers had to return their boats and lost a lot of money. Their is a thread on this somewhere on OSO already. I wouldn't step near one unless I knew for sure it was clear and free from national.

The Menace 11-16-2004 05:44 AM

The bank has their bottom line on each piece of equipment. E-Bay is an opportunity for exposure and I am sure 1-2 will move. The rest will be negoitiated over a conference table by serious people sitting there with CASH.

Fountain38SC 11-16-2004 06:12 AM

After seeing the ask on some of these boats, they certainly are not a "deal". I think that body count was priced lower while at national. The unrealastic price may explain why the boat hasn't sold after being for sale for the last couple years. 550K for a '99. :rolleyes:

Audiofn 11-16-2004 06:28 AM

I would certainly get the bank to sign a waiver saying that the boat is free and clear.....

Jon

Jayl13 11-16-2004 06:31 AM

Yeah 1990 42 fountain with twin 502 MPI's for 109 K
But I do admit you could negotiate some on these units they had.
I put a formal offer in on a top gun but was a broker boat and was turned down.
TimG was PISSED at the owner for not selling it to me.
It was MORE than Fair

Rule of thumb, Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Sad but true
J

Steve_H 11-16-2004 06:43 AM

from ebay:

I. TERMS OF SALE. THIS OFFER AND ITS ACCEPTANCE BY THE RECEIVER IS TOTALLY DEPENDENT UPON THE RECEIVER BEING ABLE TO PROVIDE A TITLE FREE AND CLEAR OF LIENS AND ENCUMBRANCES TO THE BOAT THAT I AM PURCHASING. THE BOAT WILL ONLY BE RELEASED FROM VIENNA WHEN THE RECEIVER HS IN HIS POSSESSION THE “TITLE FREE AND CLEAR.”

II. I ACCEPT THIS BOAT ON A “WHERE IS/AS IS” CONDITION, AT 1546 RIDGE ROAD, VIENNA, OHIO 44473 WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR ANY PURPOSE AS MADE BY THE RECEIVER. MY/OUR ACCEPTANCE ON A “WHERE IS/AS IS” CONDITION MEANS THAT THE RECEIVER IS NOT WARRANTING IN ANY FASHION WHATSOEVER THE BOAT THAT I AM PURCHASING IS SUITABLE FOR ANY USE WHATSOEVER, AND THEREFORE IS A TOTAL DISCLAIM OF ANY SELLER’S WARRANTIES OR ANY REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER

III. I UNDERSTAND THAT, UPON ACCEPTANCE OF THIS OFFER, AND WHEN THE RECEIVER PROVIDES ME FREE AND CLEAR TITLE THAT I MUST MAKE MY OWN ARRANGEMENTS TO REMOVE THE BOAT FROM VIENNA, OHIO. IN THE EVENT THAT THERE IS NOT A TRAILER INCLUDED WITHIN MY OFFER, I MUST PROVIDE MY OWN MEANS TO HAUL THE BOAT.

IV. IN THE EVENT THE RECEIVER CANNOT PROVIDE ME WITH A FREE AND CLEAR TITLE WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME, THE RECEIVER WILL RETURN THE PURCHASE PRICE, WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY TO EITHER PARTY.

lemme get this straight. buyer has to wire the full amount , THEN wait to see if the title is free and clear :rolleyes:
in the mean time , all your money is tied up in this mess. all the while some poor sum***** that got scammed by national gets to see his hard earned money (boat) get sold to someone else.

NO THANKS!!!!!!!!

spitfire1 11-16-2004 08:03 AM

Gee.....where do I sign.....??