Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
PHANTOM POWERBOATS made in Malta?? >

PHANTOM POWERBOATS made in Malta??

Notices

PHANTOM POWERBOATS made in Malta??

Old 02-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't purchase a chaudron ever. Forget build quality for a minute and look at resale. Do you research a prospective purchases lineage before buying? If you do you will come across these threads and you realize your buying am illegitimate copy (stolen design).

I've seen two copies for sale one a chaudron the other something else. There is a chaudron for sale on boatsandoutboards website. Yellow one and it's been there a while. Basically last years boat 2007 and it has fallen in price dramatically. This less than one year old boat has been reduced to the same price as a 1984 original phantom and it's still there and i put money on it it will not sell for anything like that price.

A 28ft copy (not chaudron) on the same site was up for £8000 after dropping price and not selling for ages with twin yamaha 250's. I doubt you would get a genuine comparable phantom 28 for less than £20thou.

If you try to sell them as the genuine article the purchaser has the right to request a full refund.

One more thing to consider is who owns your boat if there is a legal battle to stop the copying?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

Default Some real hardcore info about Phantom

For those who would like to be enlightened,

Peter Peake and Will Smith are the only two people who make phantoms. Will Smith is the US distributor as well as the designer while Peter is the builder and distributor for the Caribbean and builds the boats in Trinidad and Tobago.

Will has certain specs for the states which are on the website while Peter has made many customizations and has molds for a 20', 34', 40', and a 50'

Will also has some of these molds but they are all available if you contact either of them.

Will is based in Sarasota, FL
Peter in Chaguaramas, Trinidad and Tobago.

Peter does not run under the company name Phantom Powerboats but him and Will are the sole 2 builders of the boats and Peter owns Peake Yacht Services.

So if you live in the Caribbean call Peter, if the States call Will. Either same great product. I know Peter and Will very well and i own 3 phantoms all quickly built to perfection and not too expensive.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:04 AM

chaudron company has just won for the second time the p1 championship.in my opinion they have the best hull in the world.
regards
robert
Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Registered

heq...hmm. the Donzi's are faster , this year it was a matter of luck. If it wasn't for unlucky overspeeding penalties, baia would have taken it.

I do not want to take credit from chaudron but "NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD"