IMP BOATS anybody know anything >

IMP BOATS anybody know anything

Notices

IMP BOATS anybody know anything

Old 11-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IMP BOATS anybody know anything

I have a friend looking at an IMP 31 ft. twin 454's. Anybody have any info on these boats?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: IMP BOATS anybody know anything

I'm not sure but I think IMP is out of business. Not bad looking boats but I don't think resale is very good. I'm not familiar with build quality.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deez Pleez has a 255 eleganza, thing rocks, they are the older Magnum hulls.
with a massaged 454 and good heads, he is seeing about 60-62 out of it, standard bravo drive.
Nothing face peeling but hey for the price, you cant beat it. that boat takes some major abuse and the extreme V in the front allows it to just about knife through anything in front of it.
Very dry ride, thick glass on it, gives it some weight.
Overall decent boat, attention to details are not extordinary but its all good.
if you can pick it up cheap (which most of them you can) its a good entry level boat that will take the abuse.
J
Old 11-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered

Back in the days 79. Dad had a IMP it was back when they put the Chrysler's 360 motor or 383? straight inboard with arneson v drive ,the boat was solid as a rock,great hull deep v on this one. not a bad boat 55 max speed,had transom exhaust and The Conservation Comm. used these boats ,I know this really is not the answer to your questions,but Just had a Flash Back!
Old 11-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Dennis,

I have a friend locally that has had a 31 with 454 Magnums / Bravo's that he's owned for what seems like forever. He likes it, and doesnt plan on doing any changes to it. Supposedly runs just under / right at 70 with that power. I can hook him up with you or your friend so that they could talk if that would help, I know he wouldnt have a problem with that.

That said, Powerboat magazine never gave them good reviews ( the 31's ), as I recall. Workmanship was fair to below average and there was something to do with the way they rode / drove. Have your friend access some of their archives.

- Jamie
Old 11-18-2004, 02:36 PM
allroad

The 310 Eleganza was a great boat for the money. Finish work was ok only and for around $80,000 you had a pretty nice package with big blocks. There were lots flying around Freeport in the late 80's.

Old 11-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered

Is the boat Black and Yellow on a brokers or boat sales lot?
Old 11-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

TTT
Old 11-22-2004, 02:39 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Expresscat39,
I know of a 1992 31' IMP located here in Missouri that the owner has been contemplating selling. A very clean boat with lots of updates. The boat is all white and has 454's w/ bravos, let me know if it would be of interest to your friend and I will be sure to get you all the details...
Regards,
Tony
314-581-3532
Old 02-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jesse James
Made here in Kansas Imperiel Molded Products they are out of business. raymonds boat and motor pretty much made the 25 and 31 become popular....good ride but all of them seem to hit a wall at 70 mph and no matter how much hp you throw at them they just dont go any faster.........My grandfather has a 20 ft fish/ski w a 150 and runs 1mph slower than a 200 boat? Alot of boat for the money......the last owner's name was Brice something .
Originally Posted by Jayl13
Deez Pleez has a 255 eleganza, thing rocks, they are the older Magnum hulls.
with a massaged 454 and good heads, he is seeing about 60-62 out of it, standard bravo drive.
Nothing face peeling but hey for the price, you cant beat it. that boat takes some major abuse and the extreme V in the front allows it to just about knife through anything in front of it.
Very dry ride, thick glass on it, gives it some weight.
Overall decent boat, attention to details are not extordinary but its all good.
if you can pick it up cheap (which most of them you can) its a good entry level boat that will take the abuse.
J
Thanks for the Info. I bought the hull and trailerfor 5k and as soon as i get back from Iraq (US Air Force) I will close the transom and put a pair of outboard on it. Thanks again

Quick Reply: IMP BOATS anybody know anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.