Donzi's New 35ZR (Running) >

Donzi's New 35ZR (Running)

Notices

Donzi's New 35ZR (Running)

Old 11-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Donzi's New 35ZR (Running)

Yea, I know...they don't do anything for me either.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i would think maybe im wrong but the lighter these hulls and faster speeds, comprimise rough water ride...
i cant see a boat the same as my playboy runing 10 mph faster w/o a significant wieght dedution which would lead to a poor ROUGH water ride...
35ft is 35 ft.. the only way to get extra speed is a BIG reduction in wieght/ ride comprimise... same with the dragon... thats why i think the 39 cig only runs 89 comparably...

lighter is faster in ideal 1-2 chop conditions AND sells boats... but its not a real world standard... especially in the great lakes super chop...

hopefully ill get to test these new boats at miami in feb..maybe im wrong...

ted

but I DONT THINK SO!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 09:09 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=dreamer]
i cant see a boat the same as my playboy runing 10 mph faster w/o a significant wieght dedution which would lead to a poor ROUGH water ride...
35ft is 35 ft.. the only way to get extra speed is a BIG reduction in wieght/ ride comprimise... QUOTE]

Like Marginmn said;

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I love the ZR raceboats - they are totally bad ass. But I said this once and I'll say it again. The running hull surface on that 35 ZR makes the beak on a 35 Fountain look small. No wonder it weighs so little. I can't wait to see the 38's.
Excludung Fountain, right?? Take a 35ft boat, add 3 ft in the form of a 50 pound beak and wella! 38ft boat that weighs same as a 35ft'r
Old 11-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rehttp://www.spelchek.com/cgi-bin/spelchek.cgi: Donzi's New 35ZR (Running)

Hi Ted,
Regarding your statement of needing the weight for good rough water ride quality, you have a valid argument up to a point. What is more important than the overall weight is how the weight is distributed...balance. We've all seen boats that have substantial weight but lousy ride quality. What Donzi is doing with the ZR's is maintaining the correct balance on each model. Having driven our 38 ZR I can tell you that it has passed many a longer, shorter, heavier, lighter and higher horse-powered boat in the rough. Every now and then a boat comes along that just plain works. The ZR is that rare boat. If you get a chance take on for a ride.

John
Old 11-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was able to check out the new 35 and 38 ZR at aquatoy store. awesoem boats, but i dont fit in either one, so we didnt take them for a test ride. they said the new 38 was coming out for the miami show with the new merc 600's, shoudl be awesome.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:26 PM

Here are some more Pictures
Attached Thumbnails Donzi's New 35ZR (Running)-35zr1.jpg   Donzi's New 35ZR (Running)-lifestyle.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Registered

Nice pics, appreciate that. gives us an oppurtunity to get an idea of the lines of the boat.

LinB, what do you mean tou didn't "fit" ?
Old 11-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheni was sitting at the helm, my knee was wedged into the dash and the steering wheel. its not a full drop down bolster either, only the front part drops down so i could staand up and back. Im 6'4 220 though. mostly in my legs. same thing with the 38 zr with the footrests all the way back.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Registered

I'm 6'5" and 235 so I know what you are saying.
I can't do the Fountain thing either.

One of the reasons I chose the Formula is that the helm area is large and open for a boat this size.
The ability to drop my legs a foot into the floor, have the seat back and bottom in all the right places, (be well in the boat for the rough), and sit comfortably for lazy cruising is great. The controls all fall in hand no matter where you are. This is a premier charm of the Formula. The McLeod seats and footrests spoil you.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:52 AM

You can get different seats they put in ZX seats that are full drop, thats how I am getting mine

Quick Reply: Donzi's New 35ZR (Running)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.