Miami Boat Show Hotels????

Notices

Miami Boat Show Hotels????

Old 11-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Boat Show Hotels????

Just made my flight reservations for the Miami boat show. Since this will be my first time there I'm looking for some recomendations on where to stay.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Miami Boat Show Hotels????

Originally Posted by Chuck
Just made my flight reservations for the Miami boat show. Since this will be my first time there I'm looking for some recomendations on where to stay.

Wow I am going for the first time this year as well and will pay attention to this post for info as well.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Biscayne Bay Marriot is an awesome place. It is the location of the "in the water" portion of the show. Need to book your room early!!! You will love it!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Rjainla
Old 11-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

There is also a Boat Show shuttle bus that runs between the hotel and the main convention center, so no need for a cab,car,etc. Be prepared to do a whole lot of walking at the show because there is so much to see. One year we tried to squeeze seeing the show into one day. It was too much. In order to enjoy it, you need atleast two.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

I have been 2 times and will be there again this year. This year 6 of us are renting a house on the water in Lauderdale and I'm going to bring my boat, 2 days at the show 5 out playing.

I would stay in Lauderdale and drive in. We stayed in Miami the first time and changed hotels twice, It's just a dump down there. Unless you are going to pay$ 250 a night at one of the top hotels for a place you are going to spend 5 hours a day at. A $100 place is a roach motel. In Lauderdale a $100 is nice and clean. It is unreal how much change there is in life style in 30 miles.

PLUS all the good strip clubs and bars are in Lauderdale. There are some cool bar's in South Beach and Miami that are fun a night or 2 but it's like being in Cuba. You wont find any bars that play rock most play Cuban hip hop chit.

We got a 5000sf house 6 bed 8 bath on the water pool, hot tub, 120ft dock for $3500 week, more than we wanted to spend but it has 2 king size beds and 4 queens. and its for sale for 2.5 mil. so it's cool and more than we will ever own.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RJAINLA
There is also a Boat Show shuttle bus that runs between the hotel and the main convention center, so no need for a cab,car,etc. Be prepared to do a whole lot of walking at the show because there is so much to see. One year we tried to squeeze seeing the show into one day. It was too much. In order to enjoy it, you need atleast two.
Going to be there from the 16th thru the 21st. Hope to see everything, and do a lot of partying!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lapse of Reason, that sounds like the way to go. My new boat will be done and I am hoping to put some hours on it that weekend
Old 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered

I hope it's hot and windy, I wanna go play with all the new boats in some big water (4-6) footers, any more just isn't fun.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have gone every year since 1986. Stay in Lauderdale and drive in early AM to park @ school across the street form show. Pay the extra money for the Thursday VIP. Go again on Friday and wrap it up. Saturday and Sunday are an absolute ZOO!

Quick Reply: Miami Boat Show Hotels????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.