Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Flat panel TV for cabin (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90990-flat-panel-tv-cabin.html)

rv 11-23-2004 12:16 PM

Flat panel TV for cabin

We are thinking of adding a flat panel TV in our cabin. Any suggestions on what type/brand that holds up pretty good to the shock/vibration of the boat.

Thanks,
Rick

fund razor 11-23-2004 12:34 PM

Re: Flat panel TV for cabin

I looked into this so hard that I ended up putting it off. :D

But I finally decided on a bracket that I could take the TV off, wrap it in a blanket and stow it for the ride. Then at the dock the TV can be "Installed."
Plus, I could take it off of the boat when it was docked for a while.

Any brand is gonna take some serious shocks mounted firmly to a bulkhead.

OldSchool 11-23-2004 01:12 PM

You can always use a laptop!! :eureka: :eureka:

45sonic 11-23-2004 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
You can always use a laptop!! :eureka: :eureka:

Oh you said "LAPTOP" Sorry I thought you said lapd*nce :D:D:D

Bill

45sonic 11-23-2004 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by rv
We are thinking of adding a flat panel TV in our cabin. Any suggestions on what type/brand that holds up pretty good to the shock/vibration of the boat.

Thanks,
Rick

But good question. I've been looking for one also to replace the one in the Fountain.

Any input would be much appreciated.

rv 11-23-2004 01:20 PM

Anybody that leaves it attached have problems? If not, how was it mounted? Any rubber shock type mounting used?

dreamer 11-23-2004 01:38 PM

laptop w/ xp media edition... built in tuner AND dvr AND dvd player AND mp3 and other media players for less than 2 k and wont break AND u ncan take it with u!

RHC 11-23-2004 01:51 PM

try www.refurbdepot.com

fund razor 11-23-2004 02:35 PM

Do a thread search on "Aquos."

When I was researching my set up earlier this year, a lot of people posted, some with permanent installs. Many people had the Sharp Aquos, so that would be a good search word.

Good luck.

excursion 11-23-2004 03:44 PM

I put a Audiovox unit in my boat 12" screen with TV tuner and cable ready , with a DVD player inside the unit, has two speakers that attach or headphones, remote, I made a plate that it will attach to when at the docks and ran cable hook to the side of the boat for docking, you can get it at Circiut City or Best Buy now for 599.00 or less. It has a great picture and sound. YOU CANNOT keep it up while running it will rack the DVD player, so I take it down underway, it comes with a bag to keep it safe.