Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Going to St. Martin in the AM... Places to eat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91028-going-st-martin-am-places-eat.html)

X-Rated30 11-23-2004 07:15 PM

Going to St. Martin in the AM... Places to eat?

Never been to the Dutch Antilles. Good restaurants or bars or clubs? Price not an issue, but I ain't takin' no stinkin' jacket on vacation. :cool:

And if anyone has a turbine skater down there, I WILL accept a ride. :D

lucky strike 11-23-2004 10:30 PM

Re: Going to St. Martin in the AM... Places to eat?

Try La Samanna

The best beach & view on the Island, been there a few times.

The food is unreal, it's the best---sold a car to them to use as a limo.

The white Lincoln with the Bull Dog on the hood.

Sea Ya 11-24-2004 12:03 AM

Pack a lunch and go to the other side of the island to Orient Bay (the French side).

Titan 11-24-2004 03:47 AM

You must try Mario's Bistro there Linguini and white clam sauce is to die for. Also try any of the restuarnts in Grande Case on the french side. Most of them are right on the Ocean. Laguna is pretty good also which is just outside of the airport. Have a great time you are going to the gormet capital of the carribean.

mama tryed 11-24-2004 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
Never been to the Dutch Antilles. Good restaurants or bars or clubs? Price not an issue, but I ain't takin' no stinkin' jacket on vacation. :cool:

A Turbine Skater???? Good Luck in finding one with a "Booster Seat" so you will be able to see over the Dash Board!! :eek: :D

Have a Great Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch & Tracey

T2x 11-24-2004 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30

Go to the French side for dinner.... La Vie En Rose...in Marigot.... sit on the balcony terrace.

You'll thank me forever.

T2x

open87 11-24-2004 12:05 PM

yea, and don't forget to post some pics in the uncensored sec of that fine piece of trim you be hittin' down there :drool: :D:D :p

Spicy 11-24-2004 01:00 PM

I just got back three weeks ago, stayed on the Dutch side at Pelican Beach Resort. You have to go to Orient beach, open 72 explained that one, Lee's is real nice to, not fancy but alot of fun, live music and they have the biggest lobsters on the island. The island is really layed back, don't go downtown when there is a cruise ship in town, its crazy crowded and the cab driver told us for what it is worth they hike the prices up??? Have fun, Patrick

georges 11-24-2004 02:57 PM

Eat your meals on the french side. Any place in Marigot, on the waterfront, I like the Bar de la Mer. There is also a great funky place called Sonya's on the road west of Marigot about half a "kilometer" past the bridge on the north side of the street, it looks the places in KW at Land's End village. Enjoy

McGary911 11-24-2004 04:27 PM

I haven't been there in about 15 years, but if you can find a small (and i mean 3 tables small) restaraunt called something like La Berge on the frehch side, hit it. 2 brothers run the place and food is exceptional. Frank Perdue stopped by to make a reservation while i was having dinner. I dont think he appreciated the clucks :)

If i recall, Red Beach is very nice too. I hear the island is very built up since i last visited. hope its not ruined. If you can eat at Pizza Hut.....ruined. :(

Have a great trip.....