Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine >

Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine

Notices

Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine

Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dgduck13
I am already in the process of designing some grab handles for the rear. They should be done in a week or so. I just don't think that the handles alone will be enough support. And I don't have the money to shell out on a brand new rear seat. So I am looking for other ideas.
The only other thing I could think of would be some foot bracing for your rear passengers. So then they would have two grab handles AND could push themselves back into the seat. Maybe you could have something made that could be removable when you're not doing poker runs???
Old 08-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
BUT, i ran a PR in TS TG w/ 525s. Sitting in the rear w/ the grab bars i still got beat up pretty bad.
Damn I guess its true, I've officially gotten old

No way I would assume this type of liability in my boat. If I'm beating up the rear passengers then its time to slow down.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
The only other thing I could think of would be some foot bracing for your rear passengers. So then they would have two grab handles AND could push themselves back into the seat. Maybe you could have something made that could be removable when you're not doing poker runs???
Now thats an idea. Kind of like wedging your self into the seat. I like that. Thanks! I will have to do a 3D model of them and get some built.

Anyone have any pictures of something like this?

Thanks Again!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Damn I guess its true, I've officially gotten old

No way I would assume this type of liability in my boat. If I'm beating up the rear passengers then its time to slow down.

I was sitting on the port side. My left arm may have been bruised, and my left leg too, but my arms were tired.
Guy was running sticks pinned for 45-50mins. There was a time i thought i was gonna pop out. I KNOW i saw the front passenger get a good 2ft off the ground.

But it could have been the driver.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Bingo! I'm sure the drivers seat has them. You gotta when running a sitdown.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you talking about something like this?

Yes only the ones my my buddy makes for Skater are larger indents
what you have there in your pic isn't much holding

My Friend makes his bulge on both sides of the seat go farther in
Old 08-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Now thats an idea. Kind of like wedging your self into the seat. I like that. Thanks! I will have to do a 3D model of them and get some built.

Anyone have any pictures of something like this?

Thanks Again!
Yep, exactly like that, wedge your azz in there! I don't use one myself (because I only have one)but I have one for the passenger that can be moved to get into the cuddy. I am planning to make an exact duplicate for myself and something between the bolster frame for the rear passengers.

Your cockpit being much larger you will probably want something removable. Maybe something that simply "butts up" against the back of the front seats.

Here's a pic of my passenger box. It's just a simple box with an angled front. I don't know what your front seat frames look like but you may be able to do something similar, but obviously longer. Unless your rear passengers are NBA centers!
Attached Thumbnails Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine-footrest.jpg  

Last edited by onesickpantera; 08-22-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Bingo! I'm sure the drivers seat has them. You gotta when running a sitdown.
Yes the front seats have them. I didn't even consider this as an option. You Pantera Guys are pretty damn smart. LOL!

Thanks Again
Old 08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CCstinger260
This is in fact true, but not for the implied reason. The reason the "full" F-16 canopies failed was not because of the integrity of the canopies. The canopies depend on and gain exponential strength based on integrity and structural stability of the structure to which they are attached. If the structure flexed upon impact, that compromises the integrity of the canopy by changing the way the load is transferred from the canopy to the structure thereby creating a stress point, and thus a failure. You're correct about the partial canopies becoming a scoop and failing-they were not designed to take loads from the inside.
Please re-read my entire quote........

Originally Posted by T2x
Canopies only provide security if they are completely closed with a sealed hatch, mounted properly according to F-16 guidelines and with proper grommets and spacing, completely watertight sealed at the base and reinforced with roll cage and proper deck and cockpit construction.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Gonna install one of these in the Apache for when we have our baby girl in October!

Kidding of course.........
Attached Thumbnails Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine-bolster%2520%2528medium%2529.jpg  

Quick Reply: Velcro lap belts sold by Tiger Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.