Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Maggie's Mercruiser Special (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91141-maggies-mercruiser-special.html)

Phil M 12-01-2004 06:53 AM

Re: Maggie's Mercruiser Special

T2x - Tell them about James Cann - another story -

BROWNIE 12-01-2004 07:19 AM

I wan't there, but I heard this story for the truth....

In the early '80's, George was hauled into Federal Tax Court and charged with spending $3,000,000 more than he had earned over the last couple of years. (Earnings $42,000) When asked how he managed that, he produced a paper from incoming immigration and said, "When I came from my beloved Colombia to live here, I was asked 'are you carrying cash or other securities?' Answer, 'Yes'. If so, how much? "I put $73,000,000". "If you look closely, you have a copy of this". Judge.."You don't even have a bank account!". George.."It doesn't say anything about a bank account. I keep it under my bed". "Goodbye"

PatriYacht 12-01-2004 08:47 AM

Damn that's funny! Thanks for the stories. :D

bryanspeedracer 12-01-2004 09:31 AM

Great stories!

Those guys are so much more colorfull than today's "Hell raisers".

Alot of money and a bad hair cut doesn't make you a bad ass.

T2x 12-01-2004 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Phil M
T2x - Tell them about James Cann - another story -

Nope...He's still alive.

T2x ;)

T2x 12-01-2004 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Corrado
These stories are great.
About how much money would you say G. Morales spent on his race boats and offshore fleet during his total carear . just a guess?
What year did he retire from racing? what was his biggest contribution to the sport?

Thanks.

1. As much as he needed to

2. He didn't actually retire......... He went on retreat...with the aid of the Federal by God Gummint!....

3. His biggest contribution to the sport was an endless stream of bigger than life stories and (perhaps) the whereabouts of key players in the Medellin Cartel.

In truth the big "players" today don't come close to the characters of the 70's and 80's.....Getting commode hugging drunk on Duval Street and showing off your wife's new boobs to the other racers....... does not rank up there with kidnapping a federal agent and stuffing him in the trunk of your car.......for starters.

Morales, Magluta, Falcon, Kramer, Hidalgo,.....all with tales that would fill three books.

We will never see those days again ..when men were men and women turned state's evidence.

T2x........

Brownie.......... The real kicker in that courtroom story was Morales insistense that his profession was "Gas Station mechanic"..... ;)

Ron P 12-01-2004 06:34 PM

Any pics of Maggie?

What's the real story with the two Seahawk boats in Key West? Was it 1988?

Ryan Beckley 12-01-2004 08:54 PM

Team Seahawk had two Alum. cougars #20 and #25 the #25 was the newer one. They won several national championships KSW (KE) powered with SeconEffort(Arneson) drives.

mmwalters 12-01-2004 10:30 PM

We bought the Bengal bay club cat at a customs auction. It had US CUSTOMS painted on the side. It now has T58 turbines where the KE. motors used to live.

wannabe 10-28-2005 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Corrado
These stories are great.
About how much money would you say G. Morales spent on his race boats and offshore fleet during his total carear . just a guess?
What year did he retire from racing? what was his biggest contribution to the sport?

Thanks.

About 10,000 kilos worth