Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fabio Buzzi Sets new World Record (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91277-fabio-buzzi-sets-new-world-record.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-28-2004 10:14 AM

Fabio Buzzi Sets new World Record

From SBI's website:

Fabio Buzzi Sets new Super Boat International World Record Run from Tampa to Miami

MIAMI, FLORIDA – November 25, 2004 – Key West World Championship racer sets a new Super Boat International World Record run from Tampa to Miami. After racing in a three race format World Championship Race in Key West and winning the title of World Champion in his class on November 21st, legendary racer Fabio Buzzi placed his FB Design vee bottom race boat on a trailer and headed for the Tampa Skyway Bridge. Fabio had one more feat for his boat before it headed back to Italy, which was to make a new record run.

At 7:41:00am on Tuesday morning, the Sony boat was back in the water with a crew of three and heading for the marker at the entrance of Miami’s Government Cut, it arrived at 11:28:30am. It took the crew 3hrs-47min-30sec to make the trip, beating the old record of 3hrs-57min-00sec. Fabio Buzzi accomplished this amazing triumph with his 47’ FB Design hull with 2 – 1300HP Isotta Fraschini diesel engines with tri max drives.

Super Boat International Productions, Inc. sanctioned this record run and owns the rights. The official timers were Bill Livingston from Tampa and Gary Ballough in Miami.

Congratulations to Fabio Buzzi’s crew Gianfranco Zanon, Monica Rapezzotti, and Binda Antonio all from Italy.

RumRunner 11-28-2004 10:38 AM

Re: Fabio Buzzi Sets new World Record

Very Impressive... Especially after running all three races, and possibly hurting the engines as they did during Saturday's race. Fabio said they were running the engines out of oil since they were designed for all of the turns, and blew a turbo.

Sean H 11-28-2004 10:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
is this the boat?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-28-2004 11:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the FB Design

Note:
It is only the thumbnail that seems to have a problem with the pictures. Click on them for the larger pic and its fine and clear.....

Reed Jensen 11-28-2004 01:01 PM

Wow.... did any of you guys notice how deep the vee is on that hull?.... all the way to the rear.... It should handle the rough pretty well like that........ :eek:

CAP071 11-28-2004 04:56 PM

I wonder how it would run with big gas motors

Catmando 01-06-2011 09:46 AM

All I can say is 1300hp is hellacious HP from a diesel race motor! :eek: :eek:

Steve 1 01-06-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3290082)

He was in our shop years back when they were thinking about re-factoring his diesels, the guy laughed and said then I will build a 500Ci 2 stroke gas engine.

HabanaJoe 01-06-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3290082)

You don't know what kind of engines they are - meaning cubic inches?

They could be 1hp per cubic inch which is nothing?

I know, I poke holes in everything, it's my job, someone has to be the d*ck - LOL!

Steve 1 01-06-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe (Post 3290108)
You don't know what kind of engines they are - meaning cubic inches?

They could be 1hp per cubic inch which is nothing?

I know, I poke holes in everything, it's my job, someone has to be the d*ck - LOL!

LOL Sir sometimes reality is bad news.