Notices
View Poll Results: Which boat for Miami Vice?
Cigarette
58.70%
Fountain
8.97%
OL
8.70%
Nortech Cat
5.16%
Skater Cat
7.61%
Formula
5.43%
AT
2.72%
Pantera
2.72%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Miami Vice Movie Boat

Old 07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Miami Vice Movie Boat

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Has anyone been influenced to buy a boat because it was seen in a TV show or in a movie?
I think it did some good for Wellcraft in the 80's but what about now?
Seeing Bacardi standing almost straight up in the air certainly isn't influencing anybody to buy a boat.

But the James Bond Movie made me check out the Cafe's 17 years ago. I should add I also purchased one.

I am sure somebody somewhere will get interested in boating as a result of the movie. You can only hope that the race scenes will bring more interest and possibly sponsors into the offshore circuit.

Your question of what is it doing for Wellcraft today? Well, what has Wellcraft done for offshore performance boater lately.

Last edited by expresscat39; 07-25-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Wink Re: Miami Vice Movie Boat

Maybe this should be another thread. Has anyone been influenced to buy a boat because it was seen in a TV show or in a movie?
Give me a new 43V or 43 cat, operating expenses(including bar tabs ), and a film crew. We'll tape the life of Bubba Reality Show for a couple of years to do an experiment You can even check in on me from time to time to see if I am living right. I'll be the Nor-Tech poster child.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Give me a new 43V or 43 cat, operating expenses(including bar tabs ), and a film crew. We'll tape the life of Bubba Reality Show for a couple of years to do an experiment You can even check in on me from time to time to see if I am living right. I'll be the Nor-Tech poster child.
I'll up that: Give me the boat and I will pay for everything else. I promise 15 poker runs a year. You can have it back in two years.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:57 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
So KiloKat is it true, that someone ran into the boat at the taping and put a hole in it? I saw it on another thread.
Yeah, sort of. An inflatable with twin outboards was assisting the Callan boat with parking in the slip next to us when a wind gust came up and the driver seemed to panic a little. The next thing I know there is this terrible crunching/cracking sound with numerous scratches/chips appearing in the front of my sponsons. Simply couldn't believe my eyes! But, the marine coordinator for the movie was immediately next to me with reassurance that they would cover all damage. As a matter of fact, they did and the boat has already been repaired by Guardardo. Can't say enough about how considerate everyone on the movie set was.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Registered

Good to hear, hope to see you soon back at loto.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:23 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Good to hear, hope to see you soon back at loto.
Yeah, me too. Have a race in St. Clair this weekend then going straight to da lake! Maybe we can all meet up for a few AB products.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:28 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Maybe this should be another thread. Has anyone been influenced to buy a boat because it was seen in a TV show or in a movie?
I think any sales volumes will depend entirely on how much time the boat scenes end up getting in the movie. I know that they have some pretty awesome footage of the boats to work with and with the millions of viewers that I am sure this movie will entertain, there are bound to be some sales.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Registered

Eddie G be the man!

Dave, saw the New MTI there when Eddie first painted it.looked great.

ps: those were not my finger prints in the fresh paint on the stb sponson.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Express,
I know what's going on with Wellcraft today. What I meant was are boats selling today because of TV/ Movie exposure?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Registered

Express,
I know what's going on with Wellcraft today. What I meant was are boats selling today because of TV/ Movie exposure?
Terry, you are closer to the pulse of that industry than us. However, being a consumer and an occassioinal movie goer exposure sells. You (Nortech) attend the FPC and other poker run events and you know being there sells boats.

Your novice person sitting in a theater is not going to achieve brand recognition unless it is plastered all over the boat.

I beleive one potential beneficiary of the race scenes may be the Carbonnel's of the world. That is the potential of sponsors with $$$$ wanting to jump on the band wagon.

Naturally AB, on the leading edge as usual has their #1 contribution to offshore racing participating in the movie.

Quick Reply: Miami Vice Movie Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.